#1 Gaj1612

Gaj1612

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:53 pm

hi, 

ive been looking around for a new lamp and at first was going to jump straight in and buy a 170 striker but then i came across the led lamps 

first one i looked at was the buffalo river rechargeable which looks ok but cant find much about them other than one thread on here. 

then i come across the tracer led 150 rechargeable lamps £70 claim to have a 500m beam and last 2.5 hours, only thing is i cant find any reviews on them. so before i buy one was wondering if anyone used them and are they decent enough to run a dog with 

http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

cheers

• THE STIFFMEISTER, assenerot, WelchHify and 1 other like this

#2 Ribblevalley85

Ribblevalley85

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:16 pm

Arthur carter website have them on offer with lith battery pal £120 for full set
That's great value n the LED can only be a good thing in my eyes really
Just look at the cars n other LEF lighting lasts longer n better so I can only think there better really

But do check the website out cause I got it threw in an email on Saturday night

#3 the big chief

the big chief

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:23 pm

you can buy a torch with a higher power than that lamp plus a lot cheaper

• bigboots likes this

#4 leewalters

leewalters

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:32 pm

a lad who I lamp with as got the buffalo river the wiring is not up to much but over all not a bad lamp.im thinking of buying  the tracer one as I've already got the 140,as the saying goes "stick to what you know"... 

• Andrew Beirne likes this

#5 Parabuteos lad

Parabuteos lad

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:36 pm

I've ordered one I know someone who's got one and he says it's a perfect tight spot 500 yards away he has nothing but good things to say best lamp he's ever used, but that's the one with the wire because I don't think you can get spare battery's for the handle yet
  • dazza69 likes this

#6 Gaj1612

Gaj1612

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:13 pm

I have looked at different torches but they seem.more suited to someone who is using it for shooting rather than running a dog I think I will just buy it and have a look if it's no good then I'll send it back and get a striker Does anyone know what battery's fit in the handle?
  • Add_94 likes this

#7 Parabuteos lad

Parabuteos lad

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:34 pm

Their own one that you can't buy a spare for, just recharge the one

#8 Benellisupernova

Benellisupernova

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:09 pm

Anybody actually used one? Or know if the beam would be decent for quick nights out with lurcher on small fields? Would be sound for a quick walk instead of big lamp, battery and connections coming loose all over f***ing place!

• THE STIFFMEISTER likes this

#9 dogmad riley

dogmad riley

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:19 am

LED lamps are bright to look at but don't give much off a beam off. In my opinion stick to halogen for running dogs better beam easier/cheaper to repair

#10 whitefeet4190

whitefeet4190

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:15 am

Just be carefull with the led lamps I had one and got rid because it's a white light it doesn't have anywhere the same beam distance and rabbit eyes don't really reflect back a white light I would stick to ur first idea
Atb
  • Rebel likes this

#11 Gaj1612

Gaj1612

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:00 pm

Think I'm going to have to find one local and have a look at it. My mates got a striker and that's pretty good. Was just hoping to get away with not carrying a battery around haha

#12 krawnden

krawnden

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:55 pm

Think I'm going to have to find one local and have a look at it. My mates got a striker and that's pretty good. Was just hoping to get away with not carrying a battery around haha

The idea of not carrying a battery around is very appealing, especially if your back's knackered like mine is. For that reason I bought a clulite at the start of the year (can't remember which one but think it was called The Light Fantastic or something similar) but I sent it back as the beam wasn't much good out beyond about 80 - 100 yards.

#13 Gaj1612

Gaj1612

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:57 pm

That's fair enough I'm just lazy and have a problem with the cartilage in my chest. I think the next best thing is a striker and lithium battery

#14 the big chief

the big chief

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:58 pm

That's fair enough I'm just lazy and have a problem with the cartilage in my chest. I think the next best thing is a striker and lithium battery

won't go wrong with that setup

• Kieren24 likes this

#15 Gaj1612

Gaj1612

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:17 pm

Looks like I'll be saving for a while haha Any idea how long the lithium batteries last? Thinking either 14 or 22 amp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users