Shooting rabbit

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:hmm: 1/ Finding a place which rabbits frequent is often a bonus.

2/ Having permission to be there with a gun is good.

3/ Being able to hit what ye firing at is handy.

4/ Oh f*ck it ..... need I go on? ;)

Corky; Just practice on tin cans and bits of paper, mate. Once ye can confidently put the slug inside a one inch space at twenty five yards, then ye might be ready to go out looking for bunnies.

As and when ye do, just take things cool and slow. NEVER try to fire at a moving rabbit. Concentrate on learning how to be relaxed while they too are relaxed. That means learning 'Field Craft'. How to creep about and stay still for what seems like for ever. Noticing what way the breeze is blowing. Considering the movement of the sun. Shit like that.

Simple fact is; The most powerful gun in the world and the most up to date and expensive cammo gear won't get ye a rabbit, if ye don't first learn how to introduce such things into Bunnies home enviroment, without him sussing ye. Then being able to use that tool to do the job ye came there for. Dropping Mr Bun on the spot :good:

I'm sure ye'll yet recieve a stream of sound advice on this issue. But there's some basics, just to kick ye off with :)

Food for thought.

soz worded it a bit wrong there. made myself sound like a tw*t!

what i really wanted was specifics like can u lure rabbits out wit bait? r if you've shot a few, are they any good for decoying or does it just scare em off? soz peeps. my bad on that.

thnax

Corky

(p.s tryin to change ma name cuz it makes people think am new to the whole lot, ah already know alot about field craft, stalkin, etc. so its just the specifics and tips really)

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Using set up, dead bun's as decoys? :hmm: Full marks for originallity, Corks! Can't see it working myself. Rabbits just don't seem to function that way, do they?

Tell ye what though; If ye reckon ye have all else sussed out and are just looking for a new edge? Have ye tried 'squealing' them? This has all been covered here before - god knows how far back it'll be now, or even what to search on. But the craic is that some of the lads on here have had great results with giving them a 'fox call' sort of squeek. I've also personally had them lend me their undivided attention by using an artificial 'rabbit distress' call on them.

So there's an avenue perhaps worth ye pursuing? Get a few sitting out, feeding. Then give them a bloody good Squeal and see what they do. I found they sit up and look to where all the commotion's coming from. Perfect little targets!

I'd love to further this long ago experimant myself ~ Only there are no rabbits around me and I have no use for the bloody things anyway. Long since sickened of eating rabbit :(

squeaking rabbits ..... i remember the first time i tried this. me & my mate were plotted under a tree, cammoed up. we saw a bunny laying low and didnt feel the shot would of taken it. i told my mate to sit tight and get ready for the shot..... i squeaked, and all of a sudden this bunny was up on his hind looking square at us.... my mate couldnt shoot straight away as he was pissing him self.... then he got it. ;) i use this method alot now, always brings a smile to face..

richie