Daystate Huntsman

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It looks to me John like, you will have to get your Regal to a proper gunsmith who knows his PCPs to make it work as it should. It's more cash to fork out, but, you should get your rifle back working

Like our learned Villaman I had very little confidence in the Daystate fold. I have had two MKIV IS which were not particularly well built rifles. Accurate yes but moderate engineering at a premium pr

I've had three Huntmans and four Regals now. Got rid of the last Regal last week. All were bought brand new. All but one was woefully poor and the good one was average. Either I'm the unluckiest man

Posted Images

Can't disagree about the DS rifles looking stunning but it'd always be in the back of my mind that something going to go wrong and then if it does it's either proper expensive to repair or 6 weeks wait for turnaround or even worse - both the above...

I'm picking up an R10 at end of the month in .22 - would've prederred .177 but getting good deal off my cousin...

You not thought about HW 100 ???

Ain't necessarily so man! I have a Mark 3 Daystate, the computer controlled one. Now to get Daystate to do a full service is a couple of hundred quid, plus spares, plus return carriage. My local RFD just happens to be a Daystate accredited service agent. His price £45 plus spares for full service. His work is excellent and the gun works superbly. So they are not that expensive to have serviced, in fact the Regal would be even cheaper to fix, seeing as it is mechanical not electronic.

Edited by secretagentmole
  • Like 1

Ive used a Daystate Huntsman ... all.l will say is they are a premier piece of kit ... if l had the spare dosh, l'd look no further .. accurate as the very best on the market, and smooth with it...

So they should be for the money

• Like 3

Huh Regal? That thing that sits in the back of my truck. Well, it shoots reliably now. I sorted the magazine feed out. A Rowan single shot adaptor. The shrouds not rattling, thats down to Loctite. The bolt draws well now, thats a Rowan bolt handle, better balanced than Daystates. The silencer? Sold that and fitted a Swift Stumpy, now its quiet.

Replaced a few seals and adjusted the power myself to 11.5.

Did I tell you its only 6 months old?

I love my S410 :victory:

• Like 3

Had a s410 me self was a really good gun me regal is every bit as good no problems with anything that you said it smooth. bolt is nice power is spot on think the magazine is a bit fiddly to put back in when out lamping in the dark silencer was crap got a hugget on mine now that's it really

• Like 1

Carlo5983 you have clearly had greatly rewarding shooting experiences with your Regal straight off the bat. But, you are, honestly, in a lucky minority here. I bought a Daystate Huntsman classic in .177 for my partner Helen and it was a superb performer straight out of the box. Not a thing wrong with it. So, on the back of being so impressed with her rifle, I bought the Regal as, I was after the looks and accurate power with a better shot count for hunting with.

All I can say, really honestly and fairly, about the Daystate Regal for the benefit of a potential new buyer is this.

1.Buy one for it's looks. It is stunningly beautiful to look at and it handles just as well.

2.Buy one for its accuracy. Get the pellet right with this rifle and you will have a rifle of astonishing, genuine one-hole accuracy. That's the plus side.

But be ready to spend more money with a good gunsmith who knows how to tune, service and repair them because, in my experience and that of some of our friends here, that is the only surefire way you'll get one shooting the way it ought to from the manufacturer.

Unless you are as lucky as Helen and carlo here :thumbs:

Simon

• Like 2

A got mine from the airgun centre so get free services on it and a think they all so pay for parts if anything needs doing to it sure that's what it says anyway. a really do think it's a lovely gun pellet on pellet out to 35 using airarms field 4,52 really nice got a a&m custom silencer on it now works a treat. a no you see all these problems av just bought a hw100 its just as good to be fair and lately av see more problems with the hw100 loads leaking air, can not get it zeroed pellets flying all over ,magazine problems still never put me off a mean Google it you will find problems with any gun on the market . Just saying you get a lot of problems with all guns to be fair after all they all made in a factory and every now n then you will get a few crap ones human error and quality control.

we are talking about people we know who have had problems with them and not web sites .

One of my local gun shops told me ,don't buy a regal ,nothing but problems ie bolt stiff , shroud rattles ,coatings coming off ,leaking , under powered , shooting like a shot gun ,magazines , one hell of a list ,don't you think so !!

This gun shop is a main dealer for Daystates ,not good

Nothing is for free that service will cost you , Hartlepool to Essex is a long way

Edited by villaman
  • Like 2

Like our learned Villaman I had very little confidence in the Daystate fold. I have had two MKIV IS which were not particularly well built rifles. Accurate yes but moderate engineering at a premium price. just a week ago I came across a year old MK4IS Target for a ridiculously low price so I took a punt. It's a kin accurate gun, of the likes I have rarely seen. However, when I think of the cost of these new I just don't get it. A Ripley action can be bought for a grand new. Chuck in a Gary Cane stock and you are in the realms of a Daystate Forester (LE) which on an engineering level can't be compared. Every Daystate gun is around £400 overpriced imo.

• Like 4

Well villaman a have both guns and the is nowt between them and a rang loads of gun shops when a fest bought the Regal cause it was out of the regal and the hw100 and a was told to buy the regal as they thought it was a better gun so a did and av not had one problem with it and no of the problems that you list.if you google problems for the hw100 there is loads n loads just as many as the regal that's all am says and quiet a few people with problems with them on this site. A hit pellet on pellet at 35 yards how can a say it's a poor gun looks well bolt is nice and smooth had no Trouble with the mag silencer was crap like so got a a&m custom and a don't like the pull off cap were you fill it up cause a do think if you not carefulll you can scratch under the barrel that's it really mate.

Well villaman a have both guns and the is nowt between them and a rang loads of gun shops when a fest bought the Regal cause it was out of the regal and the hw100 and a was told to buy the regal as they thought it was a better gun so a did and av not had one problem with it and no of the problems that you list.if you google problems for the hw100 there is loads n loads just as many as the regal that's all am says and quiet a few people with problems with them on this site. A hit pellet on pellet at 35 yards how can a say it's a poor gun looks well bolt is nice and smooth had no Trouble with the mag silencer was crap like so got a a&m custom and a don't like the pull off cap were you fill it up cause a do think if you not carefulll you can scratch under the barrel that's it really mate.

:laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh: