Daystate Huntsman

Afternoon gents.

I'm very tempted by the regal, I shouldered one the other day and it felt right. I know ds haven't had great reviews recently but I really like the look and feel of one. There a lot of wedge so I'm unsure if it will be worth it.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Villaman I know you don't like ds but what do you think.

I'm thinking of part exing my r10 mk2 in for it.

Atb

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It looks to me John like, you will have to get your Regal to a proper gunsmith who knows his PCPs to make it work as it should. It's more cash to fork out, but, you should get your rifle back working

Like our learned Villaman I had very little confidence in the Daystate fold. I have had two MKIV IS which were not particularly well built rifles. Accurate yes but moderate engineering at a premium pr

I've had three Huntmans and four Regals now. Got rid of the last Regal last week. All were bought brand new. All but one was woefully poor and the good one was average. Either I'm the unluckiest man

Posted Images

Can't disagree about the DS rifles looking stunning but it'd always be in the back of my mind that something going to go wrong and then if it does it's either proper expensive to repair or 6 weeks wait for turnaround or even worse - both the above...

I'm picking up an R10 at end of the month in .22 - would've prederred .177 but getting good deal off my cousin...

You not thought about HW 100 ???

• Like 1

Yeah the hw100 is nice but id be getting something that's the same, weight and accuracy wise.

Worrying that the best part of a grand may brake at any moment is one thing that's putting me off if I'm honest.

Wight is something I want to loose too.

Atb

• Like 1

Your choice, but read the horror stories first. My woes with a Regal beside, there are many other bad experiences online.

Daystate are bad to deal with, they never admit guilt for bad quality control. That, and they will do their best to wriggle out of any guarantee, then they will charge you for anything they can think of.

You are right, it is a lovely looking and handling rifle. When it works it works well. My boys Regal went back too with bolt problems. This is at £800 each, two rifles in one family. Serial numbers were miles apart too, so no dodgy batch, just appalling quality control and lack of testing.

Daystate want money, they don't want to give service.

There are plenty of good and cheaper alternatives. AA, Brocock and Rapid are worth a look. Even some BSA ( when they work ) are worth considering.

The German, well my RFD sends them back too. Not as many as Daystate though.

Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere, there are many better made rifles around for far less money, also they are more reliable.

• Like 1

im not that impressed with my wolverine for the £££'s I could of got 2 very nice and sorted secondhand rifles for the price I payed

Even thinking about swapping /px ing it for a regged bsa scorpion

atb john

Edited by john79
  • Like 1

Would changing the stock help with weight loss for my r10 you reckon?

Sythetic one maybe??

Atb

Logan, look at Staffordshire Synthetic stocks. They can inlet anything for a price but the quality is superb and it reduces weight a lot. Had a Ruger with one of their stocks and it handled like a dream. I steer clear of buddy bottles though for that very reason, have an Ultra for yard and barn work, lovely and light.

Yeah I'm looking at ultras now, they seem ok like.

Small,compact, not too bad on the eye. Not many shots in it, but that's ok if I use all 40 shots up I'm either having the time of my life or I need to go home.....

Yes think I may give these a consideration. (Still like the ds thou) ;0)

ATB

• Like 1