London

Go to solution Solved by Greengrass,

It's quiet nice as a Londoner to hear someone say positive stuff about the place, when like me you have spent your whole life in and around the place day to day you start to look at it with a bit of a jaded eye and forget that it is a wonderful old city.

If you stay there again, jump on the ferry down the road and get yourself south side, much classier people there :) ..........what do you reckon Gnash ? lol

Seriously, Greenwhich is well worth a look as is Borough Market.

• Like 3

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All these northerners coming to London, you won't be able to move soon for blokes standing outside cafes moaning "6 bluuddy powend fer a coop of tea an teh bacon butty......6 bluuddy powend.......it's

I,ve been down in London for the last few days and have to say how impressed I was compared to when I used to live there a few years ago. Staff on the tube/ underground always helpful, likewise the st

It's quiet nice as a Londoner to hear someone say positive stuff about the place, when like me you have spent your whole life in and around the place day to day you start to look at it with a bit of a

Wilf. I,m open to options, I,ll meet up for a shandy with most folks, south side ? Do you mean bermondsey area ? I mind years ago being in a pub called the green man I think on the old Kent road which if I remember was,nt far from bermondsey, when a row broke out, not being funny but either there were were very few locals in at that time, or there were a load of yuppies because when it kicked of our table was one of the only ones that was more concerned about our drink being spilt than getting out of the way lol

• Like 1

We were on the DLR line so I only saw it in the passing, I,ve heard of the Peacock before (probably read about it in one of the books I,ve read ) is it above a pub or adjoined to a pub etc. I know East London has always been famous for its boxers for many years but ones that come to mind are charlie Magri (flyweight I think ) Dave boy green , and the big heavyweight was it Richard Dunn that fought Ali, . I met ( through my old dad ) Terry Downes many moons ago and although I don't think he was from the east end had a bit of banter with "Aussie joe bugner" when kosta tszyu beat Joan la Porte in Sydney.

One thing I always remember about Aussie joe was the size of his shoulders, as an 18 /19 year old he seemed as broad as he was tall.

Where you was on the DLR going into central London you would of looked right to see the Tko......well if you had looked left ( bit further than you could see ) you would of been looking towards the Peacock........no its not above a pub its just on a big run down industrial estate looking out on another flyover !

Of the names you mentioned only Charlie Magri was from East London :D

much as i am saddened by the way my part of london has slipped away over the past 20-30 years, the west end, the city etc compare well to any other city in the world, london truly still has its magnificent history and culture in some places and a visit for a few days to the right areas could truly be a wondeful holiday.

agree with wilf, have a wander round greenwich, theres a decent sunday market (bit camden-townish nowadays) and some lovely old pubs tucked away (the yacht, plume of feathers, trafalgar, or the cutty sark) as well as the actual cutty sark ship. make sure you walk under the river foot tunnel to the isle of dogs, and you have to take the stairs not the lift!!! then theres the national maritime museum (brilliant) and the lovely greenwich park

wilf, my dad always said borough market was known as The Blue, any idea why?

Edited by beast

much as i am saddened by the way my part of london has slipped away over the past 20-30 years, the west end, the city etc compare well to any other city in the world, london truly still has its magnificent history and culture in some places and a visit for a few days to the right areas could truly be a wondeful holiday.

agree with wilf, have a wander round greenwich, theres a decent sunday market (bit camden-townish nowadays) and some lovely old pubs tucked away (the yacht, plume of feathers, trafalgar, or the cutty sark) as well as the actual cutty sark ship. make sure you walk under the river foot tunnel to the isle of dogs, and you have to take the stairs not the lift!!! then theres the national maritime museum (brilliant) and the lovely greenwich park

wilf, my dad always said borough market was known as The Blue, any idea why?

The blue is on Southwark park rd and is named after the Blue Anchor pub. Borough market was originally old London's fruit and veg market .

Yes i know it well mate its only 10 minutes from where you was staying just down the a13..............best gym in the area these days you would of passed The Peacock gym as well its literally 2 mins away from the Tko......big boxing area round there.

You know colin from fincley boxing club gnash ?

Yes i know it well mate its only 10 minutes from where you was staying just down the a13..............best gym in the area these days you would of passed The Peacock gym as well its literally 2 mins away from the Tko......big boxing area round there.

Its not really my manor i dont get over that way much would that be Colin Lake ? looking a bit fragile now the ol boy.....Sean Murphy is doing well there he,s from my time exciting little fighter Sean was,and i think Irish Ray is still there,little Davey something i forget his other name now.....good little club Finchley

Its not really my manor i dont get over that way much would that be Colin Lake ? looking a bit fragile now the ol boy.....Sean Murphy is doing well there he,s from my time exciting little fighter Sean was,and i think Irish Ray is still there,little Davey something i forget his other name now.....good little club Finchley

Yes mate sean teaches my son and cousin... Ray boyle still there and a few others

Am off to London this weekend for the young lads birthday all day Saturday sight seeing and a ride on the London eye and Sunday a tour round Stamford bridge for him he don't now yet should be a good weekend if weather is good

• Like 2

Yes mate sean teaches my son and cousin... Ray boyle still there and a few others

Well he,s in good hands Seans a good lad ( for a ginger :D ) and he knows the game......had an exciting come forward style in his day fought for a world title as well i cant remember who beat him now but i know he gave a good account of himself.......good luck to your youngsters anyway stick in :thumbs:

• Like 1