London

Go to solution Solved by Greengrass,

I,ve been down in London for the last few days and have to say how impressed I was compared to when I used to live there a few years ago. Staff on the tube/ underground always helpful, likewise the staff at the premier inn we stayed in , they could,nt do enough for us. Now when I lived there many years ago nobody had time for anybody else , always in a rush to get from A to B but this visit things were great.

It was also the first time I,ve stayed over the east of London and even though we were a bit out the public transport system gets you where you want to be more or less hassle free.

Credit where credit is due , London has definetly upped its game in my opinion.

• Like 4

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All these northerners coming to London, you won't be able to move soon for blokes standing outside cafes moaning "6 bluuddy powend fer a coop of tea an teh bacon butty......6 bluuddy powend.......it's

I,ve been down in London for the last few days and have to say how impressed I was compared to when I used to live there a few years ago. Staff on the tube/ underground always helpful, likewise the st

It's quiet nice as a Londoner to hear someone say positive stuff about the place, when like me you have spent your whole life in and around the place day to day you start to look at it with a bit of a

I had a long weekend in London last week sightseeing and went to watch Lee Evans at the O2,(my first ever trip to London) and after all the bad reports off everyone I expected to hate it but I was the opposite, thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would recommend it to anyone. Only gripe was that 3 days wasn't long enough to view everything, the place is massive. :yes:

Credit where credit is due, I'd always lived over the west of London, ie: Ealing then Ruislip manor. As I,ve said we were very pleasantly surprised just how helpful everyone was, and with us jumping on and off tubes and trains a lot the efficiency in the way they run and the fact that it seems you don't have to wait more than a couple of minutes to connect to head of somewhere else stopped the boys getting bored.

Who do I thank for this

Vote #1 Boris

Vote#2 Gnasher

I Was In London A Month Ago For A Long Weekend , Stayed On The Strand Absolute Cracking Location Minutes From Covent Garden A Stroll To Leicester Sq , Trafalgar Sq Ect . I Love A Few Days There For Football & To Watch The Mad World Off City Life , To Someone Who Comes From An Island Its Always An Eye Opener .

Right on the edge Canning Town and Beckton.....its like Beverley Hills round there now compared to when i lived there :D ....what Premier Inn was you at the one by the big Asda ? right on top of the station as well if i remember right......glad you had a good time anyway,see any of the sights ?

I could reach into asda if I opened my window far enough, walked over there at 8o clock on Sunday morning and could,nt believe it did,nt open until 11 then shut again at 5 . Saw all the sights the wife wanted to ( as you do) and will definetly be back there soon , this time we,ll try to leave the kids with their nan and grandad

On the way home today from Stafford I made everyone on our carriage sing lol had a few drinks and spoke abit loud to a mate about everyone lookin miserable. Anyway some how ended up with a bloke from New Zealand suggesting we sing ten green bottles and I swear to god everyone joined in lol.

I walked through to the bar yesterday about 10ish and saw a boy I,d briefly said hello to the night before, there he was with a pair of tropical flowery shorts and a vest on with a bottle of red beside him and a pint of lager, when we came back at 7:30 ish he was still sat in the same spot only surrounded by more bottles of red. Don,t know how many times I was asked if I was from "up north then " . Good crack all round.

Saw a boxing gym on the way back into kings cross this morning called the TKO , you know it Gnasher ? If I was on my own I,d have probably jumped of the train and gone for a look , it looked a decent size

Yes i know it well mate its only 10 minutes from where you was staying just down the a13..............best gym in the area these days you would of passed The Peacock gym as well its literally 2 mins away from the Tko......big boxing area round there.

We were on the DLR line so I only saw it in the passing, I,ve heard of the Peacock before (probably read about it in one of the books I,ve read ) is it above a pub or adjoined to a pub etc. I know East London has always been famous for its boxers for many years but ones that come to mind are charlie Magri (flyweight I think ) Dave boy green , and the big heavyweight was it Richard Dunn that fought Ali, . I met ( through my old dad ) Terry Downes many moons ago and although I don't think he was from the east end had a bit of banter with "Aussie joe bugner" when kosta tszyu beat Joan la Porte in Sydney.

One thing I always remember about Aussie joe was the size of his shoulders, as an 18 /19 year old he seemed as broad as he was tall.

I used to do a bit of work on the streets in Sydney with some boys from Bethnal green, we used to either work the streets or outside one of the five racetracks that race there , them doing find the queen, and good money they made when someone naive came in