Beddy X Grey

I have one at the min, only a pup mind but seems keen enough.

I had one last year that was 1/4 beddy grey and he was 26/27 tts and had a heart of a lion never backed down on anything.

Alot of people have concerns about them yapping because of the beddy but to be honest there the quietest dogs ive had.

Atb bshafto

Mate of mine had a first cross beddy/grey that was the best all round lurcher I've ever seen - absolutely superb dog. Only thing you could fault it for was that he sometimes yipped a bit when he was running quarry. But that didn't worry my mate as it meant he could keep track of where he was if he took off on something through the woods, which used to be a fairly frequent occurrence.

• Like 1

Iv got one hes a old dog at 9 years and his best years are behind him but still an honest dog giving 110% everytime hes out very driven good coat feet and nose marks true and lacks pace witch is bad as he runs afew in every season giving the terriers work but can be a handfull on a dig trying to get in digging climb over your back and sholders to try and get to baying/terrier and quarry .

Down side to the bedlington greyhound is finding one breed from grafters and by that i mean game bedlingtons not rabbiting ratting dogs im a big fan of the cross and found my self wanting another as the old dogs getting on and iv not lined out with him and couldnt find a litter or pups worth trying as said i wanted a game well tested bedlington so i looked for a bedlington dog to line a greyhound and came up empty handed i know of afew working bedlington type terriers but all carry outcross blood and are to small for what i was looking for . ATB Rt

• Like 1

Out yesterday with my friend and his first cross bedlington greyhound bred by Neil Bacon from near birmingham.

This dog has excellent coat high preydrive and is a 100 % marker.

The dog is only used for ferreting so could not be classed as all round hunter.

I have one that is coming up 12 years but again was only used for rabbiting but also loved ratting.

He was still lamping well at 9 years old.

He has cost me nothing at the vets and has been a very hardy dog superb to live with.

The one I have was bred by Heart Break kennels.

The bedlington Neil is using is bred through from George Newcombe Rillington strian bedlingtons which were out and out digging dogs.

My friend had years ago a dog bred directly from George Newcombs blue a first cross.

This dog would face anything and I mean anything.

It was highly trianed worked around all stock and again cost nothing vet bill wise.

All this litter made all rounders taking all quarry.

For more info on working bedlingtons jion the working bedlington forum.

I had one early nineties and to this day still the best dog Ive ever owned,It didnt matter what was in the lamp he was going to have it.This dog would destroy fox for fun and he did them in numbers. He was one of those dogs that always seemed to catch even on the poorest of nights. The trouble with this cross and a few other crosses these days ,is finding stuff that is bred from the right stuff.

I had one in the late 80s myself good enough in fact the line is still going and they have a litter just now 1 week old 3/8 beddy 5/8 greyhound

where is that litter about mate? I would love a beddy grey.