Recoil Pads?

I posted this in the main shotgun/rim fire section but got no replies, guessing this will be a better platform to get help so here goes

I have a Browning Ultra XS and the stock is slightly to short for me so it's throwing my shots off a bit plus the extra reduction of recoil cant hurt

From anyone in the know what is my best option for a recoil pad?

I have seen on eBay kick eez recoil pads but they are grind to fit and i wouldn't want to spend £40 on one and mess it up, neither would i like to spend that money and have it look bad because it doesn't fit right.

Are there any well proven products about that i haven't found yet?

Yeah i have done quite a bit of research into it too and gunsmith is what most people suggest, i was thinking about doing it myself but after watching a few youtube vids and looking at my stock (it has a curve to it) i would not make a nice job at it.

Shame really i wanted it done by the weekend as i have a lesson booked on Monday and would prefer instruction on mount and line of sight on a finished fit but i guess i can put a recoil pad on and not worry about it looking good then get it shaped at a later date

Thanks for the replies

Solved my recoil pad conundrum, my dad can shoot the browning ultra xs fine as it is so since he doesn't have one that is now his gun and i went out and got a beretta 692 sport which fits great all is well that ends well

• Like 1