Rip Proof Trousers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chain mail ?????   Seriously though, there's no such thing as rip proof or thorn proof and after a while Waterproof. If your not coming home with your legs cut, scratched and sore then you ain't do

I use a pair of jack pyke beaters trouser tuffened neese arse and between the legs and find at £40 good value and will be ordering another pair again this season but if im going out in heavy rain i use my ridgeline monsoon smock and trouser and at around £200 are worth the money when working the fell and moors when the weather can quickly turns bad ATB RT

Is the ridgeline monsoon 100% waterproof? I've just spent 8 hours today out in pretty much constant heavy rain wearing my supposedly fully waterproof Jahti-Jakt suit but the damp was getting in after a couple of hours. Not pleased as it wasn't cheap. Now looking for a replacement but want to be certain it really will be fully waterproof.

Been out all day in the rain across fields fern and bramble and I came home bone dry ... Deerhunter ram trousers with hitena fronts a Barbour jacket and an Australian leather hat .........

I had quite a few Barbour jackets years ago but stopped using them as I found I got really sweaty in them if moving around at all. Then when you stand still the sweat chills you. Also I never seemed to be able to go more than a year or so without ripping a big tear on barbed wire. But maybe they've improved now? (It must be more than 20 years since I last had one, so to be fair they might not be the same any more.)

Mine have got little studded breathing holes under the armpits and I buy them loose fitting ... That stops you ever heating ... The material is definately better than it was years ago and you would have to go some to rip a modern day Barbour .......

Mine have got little studded breathing holes under the armpits and I buy them loose fitting ... That stops you ever heating ... The material is definately better than it was years ago and you would have to go some to rip a modern day Barbour .......

Thanks Ken, maybe it's time I gave Barbour a try again. I've always liked the look of those Australian leather hats, but never had one. I would imagine those wide brims would be a bit of a pain on a blustery day though ?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Ken, maybe it's time I gave Barbour a try again. I've always liked the look of those Australian leather hats, but never had one. I would imagine those wide brims would be a bit of a pain on a blustery day though ?

I use the soft leather fold up type hat ... Its got enough give to allow the wind to move it with actually blowing it off your head ......

• 2 weeks later...

Been out all day in the rain across fields fern and bramble and I came home bone dry ... Deerhunter ram trousers with hitena fronts a Barbour jacket and an Australian leather hat .........

HA you must do as much hunting as my neice! deer hunter, went through quite a bit of there stuff and its the biggest marketing gimmick pile of crap......wouldnt last a days digging, between nearly self destructing if you even looked at barbed wire wrong and forget about sitting down getting a smoke in them while you let the terrier settle the quarry..... might as well nothing!!