Dry Food?

I am feeding mainly whole carcas rabbit but leaving biscuits down for when the rabbit has run out or if i can't get any for a day or two.

currently, (and its only their first bag) i'm feeding james wellbeloved but was wondering if there is much difference between the brands.

i noticed pets at homes own brand food is pretty much half the price of james but if its no good i'll avoid it.

anybody got anything good or bad to say about it? what do you feed?

Edited by Jax13

My ferrets do well on alpha during the summer months. Not a fan of chudleys and from personal experience and from other ferreting friends experience it gives them horrible orange poo. Countryside sell some called Vitalin(I think). Comes in an orange bag. Ferrets did ok on that too. Cant say i've used Pets at home. I have another friend who swears by Doctor Johns ferret food.

ATB Mike

I use High Protein cat biscuits its just as good and alot cheaper, the ferret is a feline same family as a cat, and ive had no trouble with all my ferrets, one is that old now blind in both eyes and loves it, she must be about 9 now.. all my ferrets (apart from the old one) look well conditioned....

I've used the Dr John one this year because it's the cheapest one locally out of that and wellbeloved and they have done ok on it but I only feed dry when I haven't got any meat for them. They need to eat loads more dry than meat.