hogging in the uk

Guest patterdale

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i know and have seen with my own eyes what damage some of these boar can do although i have never seen one i now what kind of damage thay can do :yes: but lets get this right it isnt legall in england so why the f**k are we having a conversation on it on a website filled with antis :blink: i mean your just f*****g it up for your selves you already know there are boar in the forest of dean so why go about telling everyone else if you plan on taking one :wallbash: if you ask me someones going to get caught and it wont be the boar........, just watch what your posting it aint all hunters on this website :thumbdown:

sorry if i sound like a party pooper.... :D but it has got to be said before this thread get deleted agen!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/south/series3/wild_boar.shtml

have a look at that pritty intresting i found, it already sugests that people are shooting and trapping them

Come on whippet boy you cant go to jail for dreaming.

stevemac

:laugh::laugh: it will eaither be dreaming or a big fooking vet bill follwed by banned from keeping dogs with your driving licence took of you and a nice fine........ :D is it really worth broad casting it over the internet?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bruno527

if one area is over run, as with any animal(wild) why not move them around, (as they used to do with the 'fox hunts')...if you know how it works!

then we all have some to enjoy, see & the run down woodland that need the pigs to forage & sort the fertilisation, & de cluttering/ weeding out...will be there... niiiiiiiice

:yes:

Hi Guys

If your interested in the spread of Wild Boar in the UK this is a site worth visiting.

Wild Boar in Britainto the first U.K. web-site devoted solely to the interests of free-living wild boar in Britain. After an absence of more than 300 years, wild boar are ...

www.britishwildboar.org.uk

If you are intending to shoot Boar then you should be aware that. It is illegal to hunt Boar in the UK with dogs. It is illegal to use anything less than a .270" as recommended by DEFRA. You need the police to add to your license for the purpose of shooting Wild Boar.

Hope this has been of use Guys.

PS. Anyone out there in Poland or Latvia? I'm interested in arranging a hunt for myself (Wild Boar) but not at the cost of commercially organised venues. I shoot 7,62 and 12g.

James

Edited by Silver
PS. Anyone out there in Poland or Latvia? I'm interested in arranging a hunt for myself (Wild Boar) but not at the cost of commercially organised venues. I shoot 7,62 and 12g.

James

James,

I've put the word out to some people in know over there.

As far as the organised hunts go (from elevated platforms) this one didn't 'cost the earth' if you can get a cheap enough flight into Tallin.

http://www.nordicfootprints.com/eng/Hunting/hunt_estonia.htm

All the best!

Neil

wild boar are lovely iam having a forest of dean boar for my xmas dinner better than turkey anyday

i guess you have to live there to understand.... but... people are actually happy about a feral pig population, and dont want them to be hunted?

i agree.. turn them into sausage.. on the way back from my dad's hunting camp we almost hit two massive black hogs... we were driving a Mercedes and the biggest hog was snout level with the door handle on the car. i wanted to get a picture but my husband said hell no... seeing as how there were two bigguns .. he didnt want to upset them and have the tires slashed.... not in the middle of 400 acres of wilderness and swampland... and a long walk back to the camp in the dark...

its open season year round in Florida.. they're a BLIGHT!! and if the game officials were smart they would go ahead and open a season on them... if they're worried about decimating the population then fine.. set up a bag limit or extra special license or what ever..... maybe so many issued per year, or per person..... otherwise they'll own that island in no time...

i'm not saying make them extinct again... but good heavens dont let them too far out of control! i've heard they will gore a pregnant cow so she'll miscarry... then they eat the calf... imagine if they did that to someone's pony, or a flock of sheep.. not to mention they are enemies of horses.... i hate pigs.. and i'm glad there is no limit on them here! you have my permission to come out to where i live and kill as many as you can!!

:D they're not that horrible. but they are distructive of habitat and young farm animals. but they are resource that could be cashed in on by the state. but then over regulation would surely follow. so i say be quiet about it and hunt the hell out of them and enjoy the abundance while its avaliable.

it depends on your experience with them i guess lol i will agree though.... there is a benefit to having them around... who doesnt love bacon?

i think its funny how the local boys cash in on the weekend warriors. $100 for a guided hunt... guaranteed kill or your money back...

even after saying that... i dont want them anywhere near my home.. not unless he is in a pen and getting fat....

It is illegal to use anything less than a .270" as recommended by DEFRA. You need the police to add to your license for the purpose of shooting Wild Boar.

Just that matey - it's a recommendation NOT the law!

I have Boar on my FAC - but am pretty sure that if you have the standard 'shooting of animals for the protection of other animals or humans' on your ticket, there is not a court in the land that would convict you for shooting outside your conditions.

Rgds Ian