hogging in the uk

Guest patterdale

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it is not a blood sport is is a effective way of controling pests. the damage wild boar can do in a night is horrific. they can ruin a field of wheat in a night. i only asked about what breed of dog is best to hunt them with. sorry if i caused any offence

PIC_0028.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

PIC_0027.jpg

Edited by apollo

funny enough local rag has front page on the boar here they are being bold instead of hiding in woods,charging joggers and even following a wheelchair user for a bit along a trail.seems to prove that these were farmed boar that were dumped.defra still cant decide what to do except tell us not to walk our dogs unleashed.

Guys .....you are way out in your estimates of Wild Boar, in the wild, in this country. The sporting media have suggested for a couple of years that DEFRA's estimate of "less than 5000" in the wild has been an underestimate, DEFRA have now dropped their suggestions implying that even they accept the figure is likely to be more than 5000!

Main centres of concentration are Kent and Devon/Cornwall, and mainly due to misguided Animal Rights activists who thought if was unfair to farm the poor little piggies and set them free. They seem to forget that they have no natural predators in the wild, (in the UK) can find plenty of food and cover, and little short of a .308 strategically placed will stop a naturally agressive 200kg fully grown male!

Deker

Erik, stop giving away my secrets of the terrier breeding for boar, their going to make me a fortune in a few years!!!

I've not long got back from 2 days of boar hunting with Erik in Belgium (post/photos to come soon), and it's the only way we'll get to hunt boar in the future (legally), dogs driving out to guns or stalking with rifle.

and these were bigger Erik!

IMAG0053.jpg