hogging in the uk

Guest patterdale

I dont own any rights so cant tell any one they can inject anything or hunt anything with there dogs, the trouble is if people want to come onto a hunting shooting site and say things like i move boar around because i dont want them shot, dont you think that is going to get a few comments from people who have been given the chance to control them for the sake of peoples land.

None of us have the right to eradicate them but we have a duty to control them and chaseing them around peoples land and spreading the problem is not what its about, so if you dont want your motives questioned then keep them to your self......

if a governing body like defra cant control them what chance have you got

troy11

Who the F**k are you and what is your agenda....you come on here as a new boy with strange comments about shifting Boar around, spout off about doing what you want and it being nodoby elses business and telling everyone else they have no idea and can have no effect...but apparently you can.

As a very good friend of mine from Uni always used to say Put up, Shut up or f**k off...PLEASE!

Another one of those 'Says it all, but knows fu*k all' types that have been coming out of the woodwork lately......

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont own any rights so cant tell any one they can inject anything or hunt anything with there dogs, the trouble is if people want to come onto a hunting shooting site and say things like i move boar around because i dont want them shot, dont you think that is going to get a few comments from people who have been given the chance to control them for the sake of peoples land.

None of us have the right to eradicate them but we have a duty to control them and chaseing them around peoples land and spreading the problem is not what its about, so if you dont want your motives questioned then keep them to your self......

if a governing body like defra cant control them what chance have you got

troy11

Who the F**k are you and what is your agenda....you come on here as a new boy with strange comments about shifting Boar around, spout off about doing what you want and it being nodoby elses business and telling everyone else they have no idea and can have no effect...but apparently you can.

As a very good friend of mine from Uni always used to say Put up, Shut up or f**k off...PLEASE!

Another one of those 'Says it all, but knows fu*k all' types that have been coming out of the woodwork lately......

Hi all,

I really don't want to get involved in a tit for tat but my observation was that the start of this thread was about hunting pigs with DOGS.

I should imagine that this chap is a HUNTER.

He hunts with DOGS.

He doesn't want defra f**king about with them but he's not particularly keen on people shooting them either because he hunts them a DIFFERENT WAY.

Isn't that obvious?.

IMHO and it is only a guess :whistling: but you two newbies come as a pair and have never seen a boar, unless you can prove otherwise and have no interest in hunting or shooting, just trying to get an argument going.

So i will leave you to argue with each other im off :thumbs:

IMHO and it is only a guess :whistling: but you two newbies come as a pair and have never seen a boar, unless you can prove otherwise and have no interest in hunting or shooting, just trying to get an argument going.

So i will leave you to argue with each other im off :thumbs:

I will prove you wrong SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR PIGS

You the man........ BYE BYE PIGS :bye::bye::bye::bye: oh by the way they aint mine mind, and watch over your shoulder for mr taylor

First of all i aint no grass, and he dont need a reason to go looking for you cos he is always out there and dont like them being taken by fair means or foul..... and my name is eddie not edwards, i aint bothered by your posts but im sure there are lines none of us cross on an open forum by giving out peoples names thats why we use a user name as you and others have done and if your so open lets now yours while we are on the subject....

I was just pointing out that the local bobby pc taylor is on the ball when it comes to poaching, just looking out for you, why do you feel the need to put someones name on an open forum, even if it is not mine.

pc plod is just another apprentice in a long line of apprentices of the astablishment bring him on . if it is not your name why are you bothered . pc plod has his work cut out unless he gets help from people like you .just remember at least 75 percent of members of this forum are probally doing the same as me . so to all members who read this be careful what you say to certain people regarding our persuits GOOD HUNTING

bye the way i didnot put pc taylors name here you did :D

your right i did but he aint a member of this forum :D

Has anyone any experience of hunting boar with the large breeds?

I noticed someone mentioned an Alaunt, I have a Cane Corso and, while perfectly reliable with sheep (because we live in the Highlands) he has one hell of a prey drive and the best nose of any dog I have ever known, he flushes naturally and works the long grass like a pro, there's just nothing big enough for him, except the deer, he has tracked a few wounded ones for shooters, but ONLY tracking. (Before anyone complains.)

I'd been thinking of taking him on holiday to Spain or Estonia to try him with some boar hunting, does anyone have any experience of hunting pigs abroad? I've been out a few times in NZ, but have no experience in europe at all. From the looks of it the european pigs are a whole lot bigger than the Kiwi ones.

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
the presa canario is an ideal boar hunter, i know they use them in america, a good specimen not short overdone bully crap that you see alot in uk.

i have a friend in usa who has a boar catching champion.

try a bullx 3/4 bullx1/4 grey

i know they use mostly bull/grey across a big hound irishwolf or even great danes saw them work on film against razer backs they all had bull/grey as the sires across very big dogs and they all wore body armour,as the pigs could disembowl the dogs or kill them.

the presa canario is an ideal boar hunter, i know they use them in america, a good specimen not short overdone bully crap that you see alot in uk.

i have a friend in usa who has a boar catching champion.

Is that boar catching in a pen?