hogging in the uk

Guest patterdale

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was mate, i had him from 6 weeks old and he was a giant at 93 lbs which is a good size for APBT but sadly he was diagnosed with protein stones and after two years of ops i had to have him put to sleep the day after boxing day 2006 a sad day.

P.S. he would of loved the pigs :thumbs:

eddie5.jpg

meandpol-1.jpg

Edited by apollo
is there anybody in the uk who hunts hogs. i no there are some in the forest of dean. does anybody hunt them and if so what breed or type of dog do you use?

Man i have just moved from Australia, i have hunted pigs all my life, i would be keen to get in contact. unfortunately my dogs are back at home, one is a bullterrior/greatdane and the other is a bullarab/bullmastiff/ridgeback. hoping that the bullterrior will be here within 6 months due to quarintine.

is there anybody in the uk who hunts hogs. i no there are some in the forest of dean. does anybody hunt them and if so what breed or type of dog do you use?

Man i have just moved from Australia, i have hunted pigs all my life, i would be keen to get in contact. unfortunately my dogs are back at home, one is a bullterrior/greatdane and the other is a bullarab/bullmastiff/ridgeback. hoping that the bullterrior will be here within 6 months due to quarintine.

I was speaking to the lady who runs my local kennels and she runs a business importing pets in to the UK and she told me that there is no quarantine coming from Australia to Britain. I took my dog the other way and there was 30 days quarantine. I'll try and find out some more as she was adamant that the dog could just come straight over. I suppose there's the usual blood tests etc which will add to a wait.

and this is can hapend afther you use some small terriers and some hounds :whistling:

cuzzy you are certainly in the right place for the pork....awesome...it's good to let the sows go especially if you want pigs to be around so that you always have something to hunt year after year....awesome.... :toast::notworthy::gunsmilie::bye: