Freya Female Harris Hawk

Nice to see a harris with a decent bell on instead of shit lahore bells.lol

regarding snatching food more than likely a touch over weight drop her half ounce andkeep her at that weight for a week then re evaluate her, not saying your doing this but ive seen people change a bird weight 4 times in a week up and down like a yo yo and learn nothing ive read all your diary you done well with her mate

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had freya out for a walk about with a mate and his new female today. Before long we spotted a hare and had a chase on that, both birds caught up to it but I let mine off a little late and my mates lac

Nice mate, my bird had one ferreting today

Kill number 1: And we're off, missed a rabbit after a determined flight. Then the ferret bolted two rats. A big and little one at the same time. The hawk took off the fist and smashed the first one a

Sorry for not updating the thread. Have been banned from posting for a week :( anyway freya has been doing well

Kill number 8:

Had a track down on a pheasant she flew into the wood. Found her after 10 mins of searching. She had dragged the pheasant under the log. Luckily found her before it got dark as the sun was just going

20141107_205553_zpsxdiyz69i.jpg

Kill number 9:

Partridge after a short and sharp mugging

Kill number 10:

Caught a jay in the woods. New species for me so was well chuffed. Pretty little birds. Took it off the bird though as I didn't see the point in killing it. So no pic unfortunately.

But ye shes coming on great. Ferreting Saturday so hope to get some bunnies with her then as shes not had many. She's hit a few on the lamp but struggled to keep hold. Needs to master her footing better

Kill number 11:

Took Freya out ferreting as I've got abit tired of lamping her and im out later. First bolt Freya never even saw as she was in a tree with dense branches. Second bolt the rabbit ran the hedge and Freya flew the opposite side of the hedge just behind the rabbit. She bide her time and just as the rabbit came to the small gap where the hedge breaks in two she flew hard and swung to her left hitting the rabbit as it came into the gap. Really nice flight.

20141118_154317_zpsfgccwwdy.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Weathers beem terrible lately. Also been struggling to find suitable slips while lamping but she's had some very unlucky misses. Anyway went out with hawking Yorkshire and his male and female Harris flying all 3 together.

Kill number 14:

First set dropped the ferret down and the first rabbit bolted. Both females chased it hard. Brads female hit its arse but didn't pin it. The rabbit jinked and my bird hit the head as it did. Split second later brads female was on the rabbit too. Had another couple of chases after that but nothing came of it

20141206_125130_zpslmygiuxb.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

First time I've been able to get out in the good weather in ages. So went out early doors after everybodies presents were opened. Dropped the ferret into a rock set, first rabbit bolted but made it too tight for the hawk to do anything. Second one bolts and after a nice flight through the dense tree line she had it.

20141225_113003_zps1mipsmxd.jpg

Weather looks to be better for his week so can start getting some game put away

• Like 2

First time I've been able to get out in the good weather in ages. So went out early doors after everybodies presents were opened. Dropped the ferret into a rock set, first rabbit bolted but made it too tight for the hawk to do anything. Second one bolts and after a nice flight through the dense tree line she had it. 20141225_113003_zps1mipsmxd.jpg

Weather looks to be better for his week so can start getting some game put away

Nice mate, bet it was nice getting out today and even better getting a kill! I'm out ferreting Saturday with my red tail, hoping to get a few good flights!