Freya Female Harris Hawk

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had freya out for a walk about with a mate and his new female today. Before long we spotted a hare and had a chase on that, both birds caught up to it but I let mine off a little late and my mates lac

Nice mate, my bird had one ferreting today

Kill number 1: And we're off, missed a rabbit after a determined flight. Then the ferret bolted two rats. A big and little one at the same time. The hawk took off the fist and smashed the first one a

Kill number 4:

Went out yesterday and had trouble with her trying to snatch food as she come down from high trees, to be fair she was being flown earlier than she has been and was fraction overweight as I was supposed to be lamping her. Went out this morning to do abit of ferreting and Freya gave me a nice birthday present, beats what everybody else has given me anyway aha. Dropped the ferret in the first set I came to, first bolt and she took it in fine style right before it got under the builders yards gates. Was a nice flight and made me a happy chappy lol

20141027_113016_zpsal5aqmly.jpg

Edited by youcanthide...BANG
  • Like 2

Kill number 5:

Was planning on lamping the hawk but something came up so had literally 30 minutes of light left. Luckily she came through and nailed this hen bird in thick cover. Still had problems with her trying to snatch food from the glove. Hoping this will correct itself as I've tried reducing weight and it doesn't make much of a difference in trees. So plans to fly her to a horseshoe lure when she's in the trees and work on her recall to the glove bit by bit. Shes getting there though. Good job I've got a torch app on my phone so she could see what she was doing to feed her up lol

20141029_210329_zps2yzqfl3b.jpg

• Like 2