Shotgun Certificate Application Form Confusion

I have recently visited several police websites for information about how to apply for my shotgun certificate. I found a printable PDF file with the application form called 201. However at the top of the page (after spending time filling out the whole form) it said;

"From 20th May 2014 new forms 201 and 202 come into effect by virtue of the firearms (amendment) rules 2014. The forms for applying for firearms and shotgun certificates have been further simplified. Applicants will only have to complete one form designed to be used for both applications, and there will be a separate, simplified form for firearm variations." Below that it said; "Please note that the old forms 201 and 202 will not be accepted after 20th June 2014".

Does this mean that the forms that I printed out (201 and 202) are now out of date, or does it mean that they are just new forms called 201 and 202, but they haven't changed the name considering the old forms were called the same thing. It would be very helpful if someone could reply who has recently applied for theirs (within the last month or so) so that I can be sure before I send it off.

Thanks!

My mate did same sort of thing filled old style form in sent it off before said date after 10 week and no reply rang up to check on progress and they had not received it . So he sent a copy of it again that he had photocopyed as a precaution but they sent it back saying need to download new form as they were not allowed to accept the old one