• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

see if this works

a multi catch

Had a call last night from a good friend to say they have rescued small male goshawk from some numpty at a car boot sale with its A10 and would I like it? So going to pick him up Monday evening

Posted Images

she 7years old this year, the fella I got her off had her for breeding trying to get in to imprints, he's not a reliable person ive since found out so im treating her history as a blank, I got her last year just after the breeding season, she had reared harris hawk as they were still in with her when I fetched her, I mouted her out and this year she went through all the breeding motions bar standing for me, so I thought I'd try and fly her to get a better bonding, but she has a problem with the glove, want to kill it! ive had her feeding of it a week now and she's slowly getting better, ive had a few hops to the glove and fed her twice off the lure, with good pick up pieces

While we're talking about trouble birds I might as well put the story of my project for this season. I first met this female Harris last year when her first owner had her. She had been in a breeding aviary with her parents for two year so was totally untouched when she came out. She's was an absolute nightmare and the lad struggled to get her going and so didn't do anything with her. So I trained her up and then the lad lost interest and left her again. So I bought her off him after I sold my male and put her straight down for moult as her feathers were terrible. She coming full length of the creance and will be let free today all going well. Her weights got to be absolutely bang on to fly, there's very little Leeway. She's coming good now though but like your female she's a twat with the glove. Doesn't settle until she's been walked a while.

20140902_152901_zpswbayn7up.jpg