28 replies to this topic

#16 General lee

General lee

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:12 pm

Fukc walking around North America with just a bow when there are grizzlies running around ... I had a .303 in my hand and I still. Wasn't happy :laugh: ..........

Apparently it's not that scarey... hahahttp://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p315/...http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p315/...
Your looking at a man that doesn't give a f**k haha but that's America that's why it's the greatest country on earth that would definatly be the place I would love to go and hunt if I ever got the money to
  • Born Hunter likes this

#17 j j m

j j m

No2 on the Thl welcoming committee.

• Donator
  • 19,477 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:42 am

fantastic pics mate

#18 The one

The one

Honorary Life President of the THL New Member Welcoming Committe

• Donator
  • 39,114 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:04 pm

Nice result as said the field craft to get in close with a bow must take some doing

#19 Bos en Dal Safaris

Bos en Dal Safaris

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:37 pm

Thanks guys!!!

Looking forward to next years season already!!
Regards

#20 Mickey Finn

Mickey Finn

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:00 am

At least he has n compound and not an injure stick!!
I would much rather prefer my .375H&H in my hand!!!!

Nice pics Bos, thanks for sharing. I use both archery, and firearms over here. I'd have to admit I prefer the rifle.

Good hunting!

#21 Bos en Dal Safaris

Bos en Dal Safaris

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:47 am

Nothing like the smell of freshly burnt gun powder in the early morning air!!!!

#22 All-terrain

All-terrain

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:44 pm

Nice result as said the field craft to get in close with a bow must take some doing

ye i can see that fat fella now stalking them cow things for days haha
  • Bos en Dal Safaris likes this

#23 ValerieLeverette

ValerieLeverette

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:07 am

I usually like to hunt from a bow......!!!!!!

Edited by ValerieLeverette, 21 May 2015 - 08:08 am.

#24 bird

bird

6 foot and 12stone 7lb

• Donator
  • 13,609 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:41 am

we all piss in the same pot  as hunters , which is true . but even though a bow in the right hands is prob lethal , I just  think  it carnt be the best way to kill quarry, un less it in heart  job, the amount  of shot (rifle)quarry  that's supposed to been killed clean isn't always the case . so something with a bow   not so sure  .?  But as  said we all hunters at the end of the day, and each to there own as they say   :thumbs:

• mackem likes this

#25 Born Hunter

Born Hunter

Quantum Reality Hunter

• Members
  • 10,461 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:58 am

we all piss in the same pot  as hunters , which is true . but even though a bow in the right hands is prob lethal , I just  think  it carnt be the best way to kill quarry, un less it in heart  job, the amount  of shot (rifle)quarry  that's supposed to been killed clean isn't always the case . so something with a bow   not so sure  .?  But as  said we all hunters at the end of the day, and each to there own as they say   :thumbs:

Skip to 9 mins for the kill.

Worse than a dog pulling bambi?.... One of the purest forms of hunting imo. Going down the 'humane as possible method is best' is a slippery slope...

#26 bird

bird

6 foot and 12stone 7lb

• Donator
  • 13,609 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:29 pm

Worse than a dog pulling bambi?.... One of the purest forms of hunting imo. Going down the 'humane as possible method is best' is a slippery slope...

well  at least  if  dog pulls a deer down, you know where it is and finish it humanly . where as unless  it a clean kill with arrow  to the heart , the deer could well piss off and   and be slow death . its like anything  man made weapon  gun ,bow , can be lethal  very true   :thumbs:  , but if not used to its full potential  (skill)  and not everybody got it  lol . its not a slippery  slope  mate , its common sense  not everybody  are crack shots  with the above weapons ,  but will use them  :yes:  .  I admire  any  top class hunter , be it rifle man, bow man , dog man  who can use either  efficiently , but not all can  I am afraid  to say , and that's  it in a nutshell  :yes:  

#27 Born Hunter

Born Hunter

Quantum Reality Hunter

• Members
  • 10,461 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:49 pm

well  at least  if  dog pulls a deer down, you know where it is and finish it humanly . where as unless  it a clean kill with arrow  to the heart , the deer could well piss off and   and be slow death . its like anything  man made weapon  gun ,bow , can be lethal  very true   :thumbs:  , but if not used to its full potential  (skill)  and not everybody got it  lol . its not a slippery  slope  mate , its common sense  not everybody  are crack shots  with the above weapons ,  but will use them  :yes:  .  I admire  any  top class hunter , be it rifle man, bow man , dog man  who can use either  efficiently , but not all can  I am afraid  to say , and that's  it in a nutshell  :yes:
You always know where your dog and deer are? I don't think so. Maybe if you're running in 1000 acre fields with no hills or woods, lol.

I say it's a slippery slope because it only leads one place, all hunting that doesn't result in instant death being unethical and unjustifiable. We should never put one method as more ethical than another, hunting is hunting and we accept that something has to die and in most cases suffer a little. Whatever method a man pursues, the only ethics that should come into it is keeping the suffering in that minimal. If the sole object is to kill the critter with minimal suffering then most of the persuits we have would become unjustifiable.

Not everybody has a decent dog or the skill to use it but quite happy to fire it into whatever they can find on the lamp and to fuc with the consequences. Whatever method you choose you have to ensure you are capable of doing it right. Dog work is just as if not more open to abuse than any other. I wonder how many bull lurcher have been fired into fallow bucks, tearing the deers arse out and not finishing the job... hunting is hunting and arseholes are arseholes, playing the moral high horse game gets us no where.

Edited by Born Hunter, 24 May 2015 - 02:53 pm.

• chris87 and Bos en Dal Safaris like this

#28 Ideation

Ideation

Jesus Like Hunter

• Members
  • 15,040 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:35 pm

How much fieldcraft was really involved?

I'm not saying it wasn't, but seen quite a few 'hunts', where basically the guy is just sat in a hide by a watering hole, waiting and then shooting from fairly short range. The quarry didn't seem that spooky either, and I guessed it was a hunting preserve with large numbers of reared animals that aren't hunted much?

#29 Bos en Dal Safaris

Bos en Dal Safaris

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:54 pm

Ideation
I have to say, yes the animals was shot from a blind, almost the same as deers that gets shot from high seats in the UK? Our area we hunt is a game farm that is fenced but the animals are defenitly not reared, it is all a self sustaining ecosystem and the hunting gets monitored and planned to keep the ecosystem alive and leave us hunting for many years to come!!

Hope you understand?
  • Born Hunter and ratbuster like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users