Recent Bow Hunt At Bos En Dal Safaris

Fukc walking around North America with just a bow when there are grizzlies running around ... I had a .303 in my hand and I still. Wasn't happy :laugh: ..........

Apparently it's not that scarey... haha2014-09-26181841_zps0425b28e.png2014-09-26181919_zps8fc2281d.png

Your looking at a man that doesn't give a f**k haha but that's America that's why it's the greatest country on earth that would definatly be the place I would love to go and hunt if I ever got the money to
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

• 6 months later...

we all piss in the same pot as hunters , which is true . but even though a bow in the right hands is prob lethal , I just think it carnt be the best way to kill quarry, un less it in heart job, the amount of shot (rifle)quarry that's supposed to been killed clean isn't always the case . so something with a bow not so sure .? But as said we all hunters at the end of the day, and each to there own as they say :thumbs:

• Like 1

we all piss in the same pot as hunters , which is true . but even though a bow in the right hands is prob lethal , I just think it carnt be the best way to kill quarry, un less it in heart job, the amount of shot (rifle)quarry that's supposed to been killed clean isn't always the case . so something with a bow not so sure .? But as said we all hunters at the end of the day, and each to there own as they say :thumbs:

Skip to 9 mins for the kill.

Worse than a dog pulling bambi?.... One of the purest forms of hunting imo. Going down the 'humane as possible method is best' is a slippery slope...

Worse than a dog pulling bambi?.... One of the purest forms of hunting imo. Going down the 'humane as possible method is best' is a slippery slope...

well at least if dog pulls a deer down, you know where it is and finish it humanly . where as unless it a clean kill with arrow to the heart , the deer could well piss off and and be slow death . its like anything man made weapon gun ,bow , can be lethal very true :thumbs: , but if not used to its full potential (skill) and not everybody got it lol . its not a slippery slope mate , its common sense not everybody are crack shots with the above weapons , but will use them :yes: . I admire any top class hunter , be it rifle man, bow man , dog man who can use either efficiently , but not all can I am afraid to say , and that's it in a nutshell :yes:

• Like 1

well at least if dog pulls a deer down, you know where it is and finish it humanly . where as unless it a clean kill with arrow to the heart , the deer could well piss off and and be slow death . its like anything man made weapon gun ,bow , can be lethal very true :thumbs: , but if not used to its full potential (skill) and not everybody got it lol . its not a slippery slope mate , its common sense not everybody are crack shots with the above weapons , but will use them :yes: . I admire any top class hunter , be it rifle man, bow man , dog man who can use either efficiently , but not all can I am afraid to say , and that's it in a nutshell :yes:

You always know where your dog and deer are? I don't think so. Maybe if you're running in 1000 acre fields with no hills or woods, lol.

I say it's a slippery slope because it only leads one place, all hunting that doesn't result in instant death being unethical and unjustifiable. We should never put one method as more ethical than another, hunting is hunting and we accept that something has to die and in most cases suffer a little. Whatever method a man pursues, the only ethics that should come into it is keeping the suffering in that minimal. If the sole object is to kill the critter with minimal suffering then most of the persuits we have would become unjustifiable.

Not everybody has a decent dog or the skill to use it but quite happy to fire it into whatever they can find on the lamp and to fuc with the consequences. Whatever method you choose you have to ensure you are capable of doing it right. Dog work is just as if not more open to abuse than any other. I wonder how many bull lurcher have been fired into fallow bucks, tearing the deers arse out and not finishing the job... hunting is hunting and arseholes are arseholes, playing the moral high horse game gets us no where.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

How much fieldcraft was really involved?

I'm not saying it wasn't, but seen quite a few 'hunts', where basically the guy is just sat in a hide by a watering hole, waiting and then shooting from fairly short range. The quarry didn't seem that spooky either, and I guessed it was a hunting preserve with large numbers of reared animals that aren't hunted much?

• Like 1

Ideation

I have to say, yes the animals was shot from a blind, almost the same as deers that gets shot from high seats in the UK? Our area we hunt is a game farm that is fenced but the animals are defenitly not reared, it is all a self sustaining ecosystem and the hunting gets monitored and planned to keep the ecosystem alive and leave us hunting for many years to come!!

Hope you understand?

• Like 2