Sign in to follow this  
Bos en Dal Safaris

Recent Bow Hunt At Bos En Dal Safaris

Just finished a bow hunt with a client from the US

He used a Mission Rally bow set at 65lbs shooting Easton 400's arrows tipped with 100grn Thunderhead broadheads. He shot 4 trophies with the bow and also hunted a Good Reedbuck with the rifle. this was a 5 day hunt he was on.

IMG_5746.jpgIMG_5768.jpgIMG_5815.jpgIMG_5829.jpgIMG_5837.jpg

Hope to see some of our members soon!!!!

Best Regards

Gerrit J.v Vuuren- Outfitter/PH

Bos en Dal Safaris- www.bosendal.com

South Africa

gerrit@ehw.co.za

+27825158307

• Like 1

Impeccable timing. :laugh:

Great stuff! Got to say, hunting in Africa has never really appealed to me (even if I could afford it) but love reading/seeing reports of folks that do.

More posts!!!

I really would love to hunt with a Bow.

The field craft involved would make it worthwhile.

:yes:

But not so much the skill, just using one of the ancient hunting arts (albeit in it's modern high tech form) would be a very satisfying feeling to me as a hunter.

I still think, in absence of legally being able to stalk a roe or red in English woodland, North America would be the place I'd want to bow hunt. Hell, if I could ever manage to leave the quintessential British hunting sports behind for another life, it'd be North America hunting with bow, hounds and a handfull of traps, hunting the way my ancestors did thousands of years ago.

• Like 2

Oooo another bow hunt topic ...........

Haha, that's what I was thinking. Where are those antis?

I take it neither of you are fans??

Have a good day!!

If you used the rest of the site you'd realise that bow hunting has created a bit of controversy recently. I don't think Socks' or Remmys comments on this thread were intended to be interpreted as anti bowhunting. More anticipation of the hornets nest it could stir up. :thumbs:

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

But not so much the skill, just using one of the ancient hunting arts (albeit in it's modern high tech form) would be a very satisfying feeling to me as a hunter.

I still think, in absence of legally being able to stalk a roe or red in English woodland, North America would be the place I'd want to bow hunt. Hell, if I could ever manage to leave the quintessential British hunting sports behind for another life, it'd be North America hunting with bow, hounds and a handfull of traps, hunting the way my ancestors did thousands of years ago.

Fukc walking around North America with just a bow when there are grizzlies running around ... I had a .303 in my hand and I still. Wasn't happy :laugh: ..........

Fukc walking around North America with just a bow when there are grizzlies running around ... I had a .303 in my hand and I still. Wasn't happy :laugh: ..........

And thats all you were wearing,,,,a 303 and a pair of chaps,,,,,,lol

• Like 3

Ahh f***ing hell tomo, we're going to be put through the British army's reenactment of brokeback mountain, starring socks as the lead, again now!

Apparently it's not that scarey... haha

2014-09-26181841_zps0425b28e.png

2014-09-26181919_zps8fc2281d.png

• Like 1