Sign in to follow this  
STUNTMAN

2014-15 Ida Coyote Coursing Season

Stomp, Like I said I believe starting late is a fault. But with the bigger stags they may start a little later in life. I expect them to progress on till 24 months or second season and by then I have a pretty good idea what they are going to be. We here breed for throat dogs 100%, with are eye on getting that elusive single handed stag .

would 12 month young stag, be on the yotes maybe feeling few bites, as ok only foxes in the country but some young dogs that feel the teeth when young can be put off. its not so much the size of the dogs, really but there mind set, as bigger dogs take long while to mature , my dog big animal and he is full on in field ,and( as yet) will have go at what ever he sees in front of him , but in some ways still bit puppy and wimpy temp, he is just over 2 year old. s o I know what you mean at that age what there about, but he is compared to smaller type dog different I think, got a lurcher 25 in 60lb who always been different mind set to my young big dog who is 3in taller 20 odd lb heavier .!!

• Like 1

Hay Hound has a 13 month old that stepped up today and made one of the best catches ever, If he keeps up at this pace he'll be something. Vid coming soon.

022715d_zps2efjdfba.jpg

022715a_zpsunyxarzh.jpg

022715b_zpslsonv0i1.jpg

022715c_zpsck2efelz.jpg

• Like 6

great stunt dogs did well , they got some very good stamina to hold that run for that long then neck the yote great dogs mate, x some of them types to our lurchers over here make great dogs . those areas look vast mate, you be fooked if your motor broke down out there, you got back up motors with you just encase .?

If importing dogs from the US to the UK wasn't so difficult, id love to see a couple of female coyote dogs sent over and used as fox dogs, i know they'd turn heads and make the bullx lads think

If importing dogs from the US to the UK wasn't so difficult, id love to see a couple of female coyote dogs sent over and used as fox dogs, i know they'd turn heads and make the bullx lads think

well when you think about, a yote prob 2 times bigger+ stronger than a fox, and to what they say good fighter so a stag hound would kill a fox no prob, and putting that hybrid vigour to good bull x grey , you have good chance of a lurcher that take any quarry we have in the UK . :yes: wonder if it will ever happen/?

Bird here is Hay Hound and I broke down in the high desert,he walked a few miles back to the tow rig an brought it back with the trailer . It happens but we have been lucky..... few miles at the most. Some places if we did it would get unconformable hahahahah! But the badger is equipped with everything for repairs like a good Baja truck. should be.

1557587_10204219394023969_28182763554735

great stunt dogs did well , they got some very good stamina to hold that run for that long then neck the yote great dogs mate, x some of them types to our lurchers over here make great dogs . those areas look vast mate, you be fooked if your motor broke down out there, you got back up motors with you just encase .?

• Like 1

great videos, beautiful dogs, how are those dogs bred? any of Uphill scott's blood in them? I'm pleased for you, nice to see you having fun.

I'm putting another rig together this spring for next year. Some of the boys are helping me out with some dogs for next year, Lucky to know some great guys.

bob

Edited by badger

wonder what these stag hounds would be like on other British quarry would they have the staying power of a bull x?

wonder what these stag hounds would be like on other British quarry would they have the staying power of a bull x?

if you mean stamina =wind I reckon a lot more, but grit =guts don't lnow, I think they stags got bit of pit in them in there lines , but 1x pit x grey nothing touch them for guts .

I dont see British quarry being a problem or running against any BullX. We have them here and in general speaking terms they dont make better coyote dogs than straight Staghounds.Dont get me wrong the American Staghound is not some superdog , just one bred for a very long time by men smarter than me, I think you have to look at Quarry. The coyote,, is something special, master of the running fight and I'd put my money on a good winter 30 lb coyote against any two lurcher dogs.If dont have it, you cant hunt it , then you cant breed for it,

• Like 4

I dont see British quarry being a problem or running against any BullX. We have them here and in general speaking terms they dont make better coyote dogs than straight Staghounds.Dont get me wrong the American Staghound is not some superdog , just one bred for a very long time by men smarter than me, I think you have to look at Quarry. The coyote,, is something special, master of the running fight and I'd put my money on a good winter 30 lb coyote against any two lurcher dogs.If dont have it, you cant hunt it , then you cant breed for it,

They do look a powerful animal them coyotes and the stag hound fits the bill to take them on

I would love to see these run British quarry the red stag is where it's at for a test stunt man

Would have loved to see them preban ;)

Good topic this one

single handed cant imagine any dog taking a red stag? Heard of dogs doing it in pairs. A lad up north lost a big 28" half cross on a red stag according to facebook lol ;-). However I wasn't referring to deer :thumbs: . Very enjoyable thread thanks for sharing gents.