2014-15 Ida Coyote Coursing Season

cracker that stunt :thumbs: , looks a big'un , how big are your stags , height +weight ,? trying to work out there size by the yote, because that yote head looks a big as the brown stag head. if that yote camped on any dog would know about it , and we got 20lb dog foxes over here .lol I thought I was going to see a little Mexican bloke hanging on the side of your motor , next to your yote when going for a Mexican :laugh: , mind you I wouldn't like them stags hanging on to me like they to a yote .lol

27-31 ats, 75-105 pounds. I keep bigger dogs bird , the old wolf type so your looking on average 90lbs.

very big dogs stunt them then ,I know reading yours+ Dan posts that they have to put hard long runs in on a lot of yote's , so need good stamina +feet, then the power+guts to kill at the end of the course , very impressive dogs. :thumbs: my young dog Buck a big dog, and can cover a lot of ground quite quick, and good stamina , and full on type temp . suppose your stags are like the coursing stuff over here, bred from proven stock year in year out, doing the quarry there bred for, and that's only way to do it, good worker to good worker . :yes:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HERE WE GO- 1st hunt in the books. Woke up this am found Uphilldoc sleeping on my couch covered in glitter and smelling of vanilla, coconut and Patron. Then met Hay Hound and went hunting for the fir

Hay Hound has a 13 month old that stepped up today and made one of the best catches ever, If he keeps up at this pace he'll be something. Vid coming soon.

Bird he's a big ol' wolf dog, Stag X Stag with some really good ones behind him. "Sport" is his name DL-The combat vids more than likely wont be up here sorry

Slow week, didn't see that many. MC hit the desert and caught three with his buggy and Hay Hound and myself caught 1 whopper today ,fattest I've ever seen but ran well and then stopped to fight..... After we went to a harvest party , Vaccaro themed and ate lamb and beef over open flame ,cant tell you how good it was.

unnamed_zpscfae24c8.jpg

unnamed7_zps47a6f5a1.jpg

unnamed2_zps06e83f0d.jpg

unnamed4_zpsc6098cb6.jpg

unnamed3_zps97c696de.jpg

unnamed1_zps9cdae3f9.jpg

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

We hit it early today and Hay Hound brought both rigs. (I want more friends like him lol) we had 3 sets that two had some young pups in them and one set had a first timer. As we emptying the hounds out UH spotted one close to a mile away, we loaded up with UH in the Badger with HH. And myself with my set in the Raptor. After searching for a while mr. Yote was never found and the dreaded news of the Honey badger had broke over the radio.. During the repair I found one in place where we had some space and put them down with him loping at 250 out. It was the biggest run this year for me with Gush turning him and then putting him down , right behind her was the bros Gig and Goose. I got there finally and he was blinking so I know the dogs ran out of gas and couldn't 100% finish him which really lays on me and their conditioning. Next HH caught one out in the desert with his ol dogs and the 1st timer. Sport spotted him and started calling for him, can't beat a good wolf dog that will spot them for ya.The pup was sick from the ride and has to get over that before he's starts doing his thing. We found 4 next and got a triple from it , first Sport, Blue and HH's Hay dog ran a nice one and that Sport showed another gear today. I drop my set on one and only Gig saw him. Gush corrected and caught hard and rolled with that yote , Goose showed me today he is a throat dog so far with from the time they caught him ,he was dead in under 30 seconds. When I walked up they had his guts out and generally torn up. I saw that Gig dog move back down from the head on the coyote today, not a good sign , but he hadn't had 10 yet. As this is going down Uphill and Hay Hound are going across the desert at Mach 1 in the badger it was awesome to watch that rig hit it today and it looked like UpHill was loving it. A few minutes later they returned with that yote and we collected the hounds and hit Los Pinos and feasted kings 5 dumps-5 coyotes.

11814b_zps0d4d7cfd.jpg

11814a_zpsdf86396a.jpg

11814f_zps2115a8d3.jpg

11814c_zps1d6397ba.jpg

11814d_zps70dd49b8.jpg

Edited by STUNTMAN
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...