2014-15 Ida Coyote Coursing Season

A pic that uphill sent me.That dog on left im pretty excited about. Thats the second coyote hes ever seen and did the same thing to the first. He was raised right with the chow and free running on the ranch till he started getting in trouble lol. But you guys know how that goes starts of like a gang busters and 10-15 yotes later hes starts jacking, but I have my fingers crossed.

10407097_10203824193784210_7843044325285

Edited by STUNTMAN
  • Like 1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HERE WE GO- 1st hunt in the books. Woke up this am found Uphilldoc sleeping on my couch covered in glitter and smelling of vanilla, coconut and Patron. Then met Hay Hound and went hunting for the fir

Hay Hound has a 13 month old that stepped up today and made one of the best catches ever, If he keeps up at this pace he'll be something. Vid coming soon.

Bird he's a big ol' wolf dog, Stag X Stag with some really good ones behind him. "Sport" is his name DL-The combat vids more than likely wont be up here sorry

A pic that uphill sent me.That dog on left im pretty excited about. Thats the second coyote hes ever seen and did the same thing to the first. He was raised right with the chow and free running on the ranch till he started getting in trouble lol. But you guys know how that goes starts of like a gang busters and 10-15 yotes later hes starts jacking, but I have my fingers crossed.

10407097_10203824193784210_7843044325285

good pic stunt , hope the dog stays keen for you long term :thumbs: I love to give my dog a run on one, :thumbs: keep them post+pics coming .

• 2 weeks later...

cracker that stunt :thumbs: , looks a big'un , how big are your stags , height +weight ,? trying to work out there size by the yote, because that yote head looks a big as the brown stag head. if that yote camped on any dog would know about it , and we got 20lb dog foxes over here .lol I thought I was going to see a little Mexican bloke hanging on the side of your motor , next to your yote when going for a Mexican :laugh: , mind you I wouldn't like them stags hanging on to me like they to a yote .lol

• Like 1

Went west today, got a pup started, saw one or two that wont be here come 3/1/2015 if they dont come around and become a coyote dog. Also got outran PROPER !!! by a good one on rough ground in the desert. He laid his ears back and just left them it was pretty awesome to see.Then went to another Mexican joint and had the Muslim special" for a late breakfast, it was a good weekend im not complaining.<caught 3>

IMG_4617_zps8b981d52.jpg

10419033_10203923140177808_7234277635162

IMG_4618_zps4548b627.jpg

10712795_10203923149178033_3312719367915

10362372_10203923155538192_3923996900817

1453213_10203923159578293_23148056406334

10703516_10203923152818124_7219485324172

IMG_4629_zps4165dd22.jpg

Edited by STUNTMAN
  • Like 1

cracker that stunt :thumbs: , looks a big'un , how big are your stags , height +weight ,? trying to work out there size by the yote, because that yote head looks a big as the brown stag head. if that yote camped on any dog would know about it , and we got 20lb dog foxes over here .lol I thought I was going to see a little Mexican bloke hanging on the side of your motor , next to your yote when going for a Mexican :laugh: , mind you I wouldn't like them stags hanging on to me like they to a yote .lol

27-31 ats, 75-105 pounds. I keep bigger dogs bird , the old wolf type so your looking on average 90lbs.

27-31 ats, 75-105 pounds. I keep bigger dogs bird , the old wolf type so your looking on average 90lbs.

very big dogs stunt them then ,I know reading yours+ Dan posts that they have to put hard long runs in on a lot of yote's , so need good stamina +feet, then the power+guts to kill at the end of the course , very impressive dogs. :thumbs: my young dog Buck a big dog, and can cover a lot of ground quite quick, and good stamina , and full on type temp . suppose your stags are like the coursing stuff over here, bred from proven stock year in year out, doing the quarry there bred for, and that's only way to do it, good worker to good worker . :yes:

what breeding is in your running dogs stuntman . I heard them being classed as stag hounds but whats crosses are in there breeding , atb

We hunt American Stags or Staghounds, some call them greyhounds or coyote greyhounds, but that isnt correct. I have a theory on why they are called Stags and when i have more time I'll lay it out.

Sight Hound terminology
This is from High Losome Hounds, a book by Dutch Salmon

http://www.high-lonesomehounds.com/

Trying to define such terms as lurcher, longdog, staghound, coldblood etc. can lead to confusion, arguments, or worse, and it’s no help to go to the dictionary because the words aren’t there. Nonetheless, for the sake of coherent communication, it would be helpful if houndmen in the English-speaking world could agree on a basic glossary of terms commonly heard in the coursing fields and hunting grounds of North America and the UK. Here’s my stab at it:

Hotblood – A hotblood could be any purebred, registered sighthound, but it generally refers to a tattooed, racetrack (NGA), greyhound. Also, track dog.

Coldblood; also “grade” hound – A coldblood is by appearance (i.e., the phenotype) a purebred hound – one of a breed – so far as is known, but he is without papers or tattoo to prove it. Usually refers to an unregistered greyhound.

Hybrid – A hybrid would be the offspring of two purebreds of different breeds; e.g., greyhound x saluki, etc.

Mixed breed – A mixed breed is a hound whose pedigree and status as a breed was lost generations ago. He’s a sighthound all right, but ages beyond the coldblood or even hybrid state.

Coyote hound – Any hound, registered or otherwise, which hunts coyotes may be called a coyote hound; however, the term usually means a mixed breed hound bred from a long line of unregistered stock all used to hunt coyotes; thus the term implies a type though not yet a breed of dog.

Staghound – Any rough-coated sighthound of mixed parentage is commonly called a staghound. It may be a hybrid or a mixed breed and if you go back far enough you would likely find Scotch deerhound, borzoi or Irish wolfhound in the blood. The rough coat is the key; it matters not if the dog has ever hunted deer. In some portions of the West the term “shag” is used to describe the same type of hound.

Lurcher – A British term describing the offspring of a cross between a sighthound and a working or sporting dog, or terrier. The most common lurcher is greyhound crossed with some type of herding dog and the ¾ x ¼ mix is often favored for the right blend of speed, tractability, and retrieving instinct. I currently own a pup who is 5/8 sighthound x 3/8 trailhound. I think he may be fairly called a lurcher.

Longdog – An inclusive term describing the offspring of a cross between two sighthounds of different breed, strain or background.

Admittedly, even defined, these terms can be confusing. For example, there is a photo on this website of a handsome, black, rough-coated gazehound named Sport. Now Sport’s known ancestry was lost long ago, so he’s a “mixed breed.” But some would call him a “staghound,” (or a “shag”) because he’s rough-coated like a Scotch deerhound. Still others would say “coyote hound” because Sport hunts coyotes and strongly resembles numbers of hounds of similar type and usage. He could also be called a longdog. But he’s not a hotblood, hybrid, or coldblood, if that’s any help!

Edited by STUNTMAN