2014-15 Ida Coyote Coursing Season

single handed cant imagine any dog taking a red stag? Heard of dogs doing it in pairs. A lad up north lost a big 28" half cross on a red stag according to facebook lol ;-). However I wasn't referring to deer :thumbs: . Very enjoyable thread thanks for sharing gents.

Sri Lankan Samba deer are 50% bigger than Scottish Red deer. During the 1900 Samuel Baker routinely took Sri Lankan Samba stags with a pair of English Coursing Greyhounds. He also hunted them with a pack of hounds. It is detailed in his book 'The Hound and Rifle in British Ceylon'. The book can be read for free at the link below.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3231

It is an excellent read, and makes me think I was born 100 years too late...

• Like 2

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HERE WE GO- 1st hunt in the books. Woke up this am found Uphilldoc sleeping on my couch covered in glitter and smelling of vanilla, coconut and Patron. Then met Hay Hound and went hunting for the fir

Hay Hound has a 13 month old that stepped up today and made one of the best catches ever, If he keeps up at this pace he'll be something. Vid coming soon.

Bird he's a big ol' wolf dog, Stag X Stag with some really good ones behind him. "Sport" is his name DL-The combat vids more than likely wont be up here sorry

• 2 weeks later...

If importing dogs from the US to the UK wasn't so difficult, id love to see a couple of female coyote dogs sent over and used as fox dogs, i know they'd turn heads and make the bullx lads think

Anybody with a mind to improving there line might find it a better idea to import straws from the stag lines, am sure stuntman would point them in the right direction :thumbs:

• Like 1

single handed cant imagine any dog taking a red stag? Heard of dogs doing it in pairs. A lad up north lost a big 28" half cross on a red stag according to facebook lol ;-). However I wasn't referring to deer :thumbs: . Very enjoyable thread thanks for sharing gents.

Sri Lankan Samba deer are 50% bigger than Scottish Red deer. During the 1900 Samuel Baker routinely took Sri Lankan Samba stags with a pair of English Coursing Greyhounds. He also hunted them with a pack of hounds. It is detailed in his book 'The Hound and Rifle in British Ceylon'. The book can be read for free at the link below.

Just read book .loved the description of camping equipment needed.must have been a good life for the rich .amazing how a country this small had such a vast empire !

Edited by jimgt206
  • Like 1