Sign in to follow this  
walshie

Torch Mount

My lamp is a bit overkill for my rimfires, so i was thinking of mounting my LED Lenser P7 onto them instead as the range is good enough for a rimmie.

Only trouble is the mounts look horrible. They look like they would swivel round the scope at the first chance and it appears you have to take the whole thing off to put the torch on.

1200.jpg

Is there an alterantive out there that would fit? Ideally I'd like to leave the bottom half of the bracket on my scopes then clip or slide the torch into the mount when I need it.

I use one with a laser, iv modded it abit to sit around one of my mounts so that probably stops it spinning around on the scope tbh. The Velcro one is probably more adjustable as to where its pointing as that's the only issue I had.

Have a look into these, they offer a wide range of mounting options. Available upto 30mm and also in single rings so you can quickly detach if needed. I have one mounted on a P7 but the kids have had it away :laugh:

8D816E9A-EFBA-4AB3-AFB1-A61A00F4F708-894

C59E47E4-188A-4528-B4BC-F9F523210EFF-894

B42BF367-4BC6-4625-8606-E29CCAFD67F7-894

DCB0A536-DB53-4981-8EC3-6618BA476070-894

i had one of these and it pointed off centre a we bit. had to twist the lamp in the mount to get it to point straight but it would go back to being on the piss

• Like 1

My lamp is a bit overkill for my rimfires, so i was thinking of mounting my LED Lenser P7 onto them instead as the range is good enough for a rimmie.

Only trouble is the mounts look horrible. They look like they would swivel round the scope at the first chance and it appears you have to take the whole thing off to put the torch on.

attachicon.gif1200.jpg

Is there an alterantive out there that would fit? Ideally I'd like to leave the bottom half of the bracket on my scopes then clip or slide the torch into the mount when I need it.

i have some thing similar to this and i like it. it only moves if you put preasure on it.. its ugly but its also dark and im on my own.. works for me

• Like 1

i had one of these and it pointed off centre a we bit. had to twist the lamp in the mount to get it to point straight but it would go back to being on the piss

Nowt gaffer tape shimming won't cure ::laugh:

1200.jpg

I've been using one of these mounts and they are very good the beam trajectory alignment is spot on. When I first got it i thought it wouldn't work but was pleasantly surprised

If you have a 40-42mm scope you can use one of these, there a too low for a 50mm objective though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bike-Cycle-Bicycle-Light-Front-Cree-Torch-LED-Flashlight-Mount-Bracket-Holder-/321545123288?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item4add9535d8

I have them fitted to air rifles and mount the T20 style torches in them, they hold very securely and you can just pull them out without removing the mount very easily.

Spot on to be honest :thumbs:

If you have a 40-42mm scope you can use one of these, there a too low for a 50mm objective though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bike-Cycle-Bicycle-Light-Front-Cree-Torch-LED-Flashlight-Mount-Bracket-Holder-/321545123288?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item4add9535d8

I have them fitted to air rifles and mount the T20 style torches in them, they hold very securely and you can just pull them out without removing the mount very easily.

Spot on to be honest :thumbs:

i have one one a 50 mil lense but i cut the bolt out then got a longer nut and bolt and packed inbetween with washers works a treat