Which Camera ?

Thank you very much, Gentlemen! I hope it can help you all making better photos of your dogs in action! :)

If something is not clear to you, or have further questions, feel free to ask. :)

ps.: I am not native english speaker

ATB,

Anna

Edited by Panna
  • Like 2

I've thought we could make a list of full sets (camera body + 2 lenses) for

1, low budget, new equipment

1a, low budget, second hand equipment

(and maybe some explanation of what one gets for this price and what may he miss. Then everyone can make the math for himself)

2, middle budget, new equipment

2a, middle budget, second hand equipment

(and maybe some explanation of what one gets for this price and what may he miss. Then everyone can make the math for himself)

3, higher budget, new equipment

3a, higher budget, second hand equipment

(I mean to make the table both Canon and Nikon separately and could be useful for those that are already "in te business")

...the only issue is that I don't know the prices in the UK (so I would ask someone else to find the average price of those equipments found on the list :whistling: )

Every idea, help (and encouragement) is welcome! :angel:

ATB,

Anna

• Like 1

IMO the very best canon camera for moving hunting photos is the 7D. When the 7D mkII comes out the mkI should drop in price. At present Jessops have them for less than £800 with a free 32g sandisk card. I have two 7D's and i rate them highly, they are well made and are build to last, if a camera can last a couple of years of the abuse I give them then they are well made IMO.

All my kit of canon, but if i had to start again i would probably go for Nikon. I think the images are just that little bit better.

• Like 1

IMO the very best canon camera for moving hunting photos is the 7D. When the 7D mkII comes out the mkI should drop in price. At present Jessops have them for less than £800 with a free 32g sandisk card. I have two 7D's and i rate them highly, they are well made and are build to last, if a camera can last a couple of years of the abuse I give them then they are well made IMO.

All my kit of canon, but if i had to start again i would probably go for Nikon. I think the images are just that little bit better.

If I had Canon, I would also have the 7D - and would wait for the price drop. :)

Which Nikon equipment you would go for?

ATB,

Anna

Most of the Nikon's i have seen have all been great. I always tell people not to worry about buying an older second hand body. The lens is where it really matters. That said, it's the person behind the camera that makes the real difference... :D

When the price drops on the 7D i will probably buy another two. I use the 50D for lamping photos, and a 400D and 450D for trips out when not taking action shots. The only trouble i have had is with a 70-200 2.8 L series lens. It's not sharp enough and the focus isn't right either. I have sent it back to canon but it's still the same no matter what body it goes on. :cray: Not happy, but i guess i will have to send it back again.

• 1 month later...

What did you go with in the end? I've just upgraded from my bridge to dslr it's a mind field but starting to get my head round it I think. Lol

I bought. 2nd hand a alpha A230 with 3 lenses the kit 18-55 and a 70-210 and just bought a 75-300 all minolta af. I'm well impressed With it it's by far not the best but good introduction. For me to dslr. 4 battery's. Bought a new tripod new bag, shoulder strap few other bits and bats and stands me around 250 and it's hardly used got it off gumtree so that might be worth a look on?

Edited by mattybugeye
  • Like 1