lamping with my male harris

wag

hi all before i do a write up and put a photo up i would like to say that this is a true occurance and it is not fabricated in any way shape or form.because just lately i have noticed from some people that there has been a bit of sly remarks on other peoples posts.right nowi have said my peace. i went out lamping with my male harris hawk its only his third time out on the lamp, i asked my wife if she would drive me down the road to the grass fields when we got there i lamped the fields and there were only 2 bunnies down the far end of the fields then i lamped the other side of the road and i saw charlie so i decided to leave the rabbits BECAUSE I WANTED TO GET CHARLIE LATER.anyway we carried on down the road when a hare ran out the grass verge and the harris saw it in the van head lights and baited off at it ,so i put him out the window and he took flight on it and i was just about to say to my wife that he would pull off it once he realised it was too big,with that he nailed it ,it was thrashing about abit and i dispatched it quickly and stuck my knife in its back legs smack on the head.when i got up to him each talon was sunk in each eye and to stop it from kicking out while its nerves settled . here is a couple of pics .harrishawk008.jpgharrishawk007.jpg