Opening Season Morning

myself and the father were up and out waiting for first light.Nothing came out of the woods to the field we were lying in wait so we crossed over to another permission I have.On walking into the field we spotted a doe who eventually spotted us and ran off, luckily she didnt spook two prickets who were graziing in the next field,We stalked into about 150m and dared not go further as it was open field after that but the prickets were grazing with their arses to us.I got into a sitting position on sticks as rushes were too high for a prone shot and droped the first pricket with 165gr accutip 308 to a heart/lung shot.the second pricket took to running but stopped at the edge of the forestry to look back,I dropped him from standing position in sticks at about 180m.Delighted!!all back in the jeep by half 8,even met the farmer who owns the land and gave me the permission on way out to the jeep .We drove to another few permissions but seen nothing,bumped into a few guys out stalking who had no luck yet.all in all a great opening morning

a35i1.jpg

• Like 3

This is the bullet that dropped the second fallow I took in my first post of this thread.It was a 165gr remy accutip in 308 fired at 180m.I was shooting in a standing position off sticks aiming for heart but pulled it slightly forward and it hit the front leg ,passed through doing good damage inside and didnt exit,deer dropped on the spot.When I skinned and butchered today I found the bullet had passed through to the opposite side broke through a rib and stopped inside the pelt.Hard get a good pic of it but its mushroomed lovely,would like to weigh it to see what was retained.
af9b0o.jpg
and here is the reward of it all,a lovely backstrap ready to be seasoned and cooked,
303l2zc.jpg

• Like 1