Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:52 pm

Remind me ray,,,how big is buck?...lol
Good night again there boys

28tts 87lb :laugh:
ray clearly said 86lb in his post :hmm:
Feck sake rh,,,,,I was being sarcastic ,,,lol
:laugh:

me too :laugh:

Edited by Rabbithunter, 28 August 2014 - 03:52 pm.

• TOMO likes this

#17 harddigging

harddigging

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:10 pm

thats some height and weight dose it not hinder him in any way

• Rabbithunter likes this

#18 paulf

paulf

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:11 pm

your putting some away ray and trigger..great stuff.

#19 pip1968

pip1968

Brown Nose

• Members
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:28 pm

well done ray and trigger looks like you have a good spot for bunnies :thumbs:

#20 bird

bird

6 foot and 12stone 7lb

• Donator
  • 13,608 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:58 pm

thats some height and weight dose it not hinder him in any way

no mate  none what so ever :thumbs:   he is my biggest lurcher ive ever had  ,all my others were 25-27in 60 -75lb that's colliexs and bullxs.So Buck a lot bigger but  he catches just as good as the others, or to  be honest better  he seems to have very flexible back  to him, he picks rabbits dead easy  he got great strike and fast , and very good recovery from each run. l ike said on the post, he do 6-7 on the bounce   give him 1min and he do the same again good stamina I think.   :yes:   if I had known about this x 1x gsd x grey 20 odd years ago I would have had one back then, think they were popular in 60-70 as fox+deer dogs just went out fashion like a lot of things today , but like anything get a good'un  its a great x  :thumbs:

• Accip74 likes this

#21 harddigging

harddigging

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:43 pm

is his stanima and inteligance on parr with the collie x's off past

#22 rizla1

rizla1

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:43 pm

Nice one ray, glad the dogs coming good for you
  • Allan.A likes this

#23 bird

bird

6 foot and 12stone 7lb

• Donator
  • 13,608 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:36 pm

his stamina better than my colliexs, regards the brains side of it, i find the colliexs are like thinking  type dogs meaning thinking about the runs it does or the quarry it going to chase or tackle, where as he just go in does it  regardless quarry or runs, if that makes sense.? To me a gsdx grey got a different mind set to a colliex grey , his 2sisters are the same and another brother the same very full on type dogs :yes:

#24 Accip74

Accip74

Hardcore Belgian Ale Drinker, so there..

• Members
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:53 pm

Nice one bird.......I do like that dog.......like you say, very useful cross......just not fashionable these days...

#25 harddigging

harddigging

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:27 pm

his stamina better than my colliexs, regards the brains side of it, i find the colliexs are like thinking  type dogs meaning thinking about the runs it does or the quarry it going to chase or tackle, where as he just go in does it  regardless quarry or runs, if that makes sense.? To me a gsdx grey got a different mind set to a colliex grey , his 2sisters are the same and another brother the same very full on type dogs :yes:

he sounds a very usefull dog and nimble for his size and weight allso, at 28tts and 87lb he sounds a simular range to the more popular malamute x how would you compare the gsdx to the mal x 

#26 whippet 99

whippet 99

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,480 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:58 pm

as long as your happy , that's all what matters...

#27 Dewclaw69

Dewclaw69

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 698 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:15 pm

cracking bag and a real good un doing it at that size. 

#28 bird

bird

6 foot and 12stone 7lb

• Donator
  • 13,608 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:17 pm

he sounds a very usefull dog and nimble for his size and weight allso, at 28tts and 87lb he sounds a simular range to the more popular malamute x how would you compare the gsdx to the mal x 

not really sure  , the other dog  Buster is a 1/4 malamute .3/4 lurcher and he is very fast+agile dog smaller than Buck , Buster 27in 74lb .But from what read and heard Alsatian x greys  or Alsatian x lurcher  are fast tough lurchers.You only got to see some proper working bred East/European  gsds  or Bel mals  working to see how fast+agile strong dogs there are in pure from , so put to a running dog you got hell of a good chance of getting a very useful lurcher  i reckon  :yes:

• Phil Win likes this

#29 DEERMAN

DEERMAN

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:28 pm

he sounds a very usefull dog and nimble for his size and weight alwhy do lso, at 28tts and 87lb he sounds a simular range to the more popular malamute x how would you compare the gsdx to the mal x
not really sure  , the other dog  Buster is a 1/4 malamute .3/4 lurcher and he is very fast+agile dog smaller than Buck , Buster 27in 74lb .But from what read and heard Alsatian x greys  or Alsatian x lurcher  are fast tough lurchers.You only got to see some proper working bred East/European  gsds  or Bel mals  working to see how fast+agile strong dogs there are in pure from , so put to a running dog you got hell of a good chance of getting a very useful lurcher  i reckon  :yes:
why do you think this aren't the most popular x then ?or why did this x lose favour if it so good?

#30 bird

bird

6 foot and 12stone 7lb

• Donator
  • 13,608 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:50 pm

he sounds a very usefull dog and nimble for his size and weight alwhy do lso, at 28tts and 87lb he sounds a simular range to the more popular malamute x how would you compare the gsdx to the mal x
why do you think this aren't the most popular x then ?or why did this x lose favour if it so good?

not real sure  mate, i think  what happened  bullxs took of in the 70s  and they were very good dogs  that would start early  compare to a lot of other lurcher types that was about then , and i will admit my self i do like a bullx grey myself as ive had 3 before all good dogs,and quite like the look of a bullx as well . Where as gsd x grey just looks like a big gsd lol, but being honest mate, i find Buck is very similar to my bullx regards atuide , he up for anything that's in front of him, and deff got better stamina  than my bullxs , he recovers quick from each run, even better than what Bryn my colliex grey does. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users