Crackin Night Again.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went out again with trigger2 (jon) his dog Buster and my dog young Buck, Buck was coming great last time out ,as said once he started to calm , so was expecting the same last tinght. Buck had 2 nights

Remind me ray,,,how big is buck?...lol   Good night again there boys

I enjoy reading about buck and I'm happy to eat humble pie and say that I am one of the lads who didn't think he would make anything like the successful running dog he has.   I saw the dog at 10-12

Experience in life his just that Neva judge a book b y it's cover unless one can see within ,Ray took his chance and his being rewarded ten fold he will be the first ta say buck no super dog but a good serviceable Lurcher on just about ought. This dog will go on to bigger and beta things I have no doubt . Atb with buck ray and. The rest of the nest. Atb bunnys

Have you any pics of the dog mate? curious to know what he looks like

here you go mate,

DSCN0119_zpsa0cc1795.jpg

Where are the crabbers from that thread I posted 18 months ago ray when I came down for a walk with you?

Vanished. As they always do. As they will when I post a pic of my pup with 50 rabbits in a couple of months while they are scratching around trying to find a myxi rabbit to start their pup on ???

Keep at them ray.

Cheers Bird, I see what you mean to look at him you wouldn't expect him to be agile but it's that age old sayin "don't judge a book....." I bet he can tackle though! Good luck with him it's good to see someone using something a bit different, atb

Have you any pics of the dog mate? curious to know what he looks like

here you go mate,

DSCN0119_zpsa0cc1795.jpg

Where are the crabbers from that thread I posted 18 months ago ray when I came down for a walk with you?

Vanished. As they always do. As they will when I post a pic of my pup with 50 rabbits in a couple of months while they are scratching around trying to find a myxi rabbit to start their pup on

Keep at them ray.

you do sound Gaz with your pup mate :thumbs: just take it easy with her mate ,you getting good bags by dec , its just finding the bloody thing's 1st lol

Cheers Bird, I see what you mean to look at him you wouldn't expect him to be agile but it's that age old sayin "don't judge a book....." I bet he can tackle though! Good luck with him it's good to see someone using something a bit different, atb

yeh he different all right lol , ive had lurchers 30 years now and had and seen few different xs over the years work, so as soon as he shaped up and lost his puppy fat , I could see what he was about ?.And I knew straight away he be a good dog, he had no prob picking rabbits up for a dog his size.But the main thing I really like about him is his drive in him, he very determined dog when on any quarry, he give 100% to catch +kill it and you cant, ask for any more can you .! I was at the mid game fair sat with the lad who bred him , and his litter sisters +brother are just like him very full on type dogs , I am happy with and really looking forward to this season with him. :thumbs::yes:

• Like 1

yeh he different all right lol , ive had lurchers 30 years now and had and seen few different xs over the years work, so as soon as he shaped up and lost his puppy fat , I could see what he was about ?.And I knew straight away he be a good dog, he had no prob picking rabbits up for a dog his size.But the main thing I really like about him is his drive in him, he very determined dog when on any quarry, he give 100% to catch +kill it and you cant, ask for any more can you .! I was at the mid game fair sat with the lad who bred him , and his litter sisters +brother are just like him very full on type dogs , I am happy with and really looking forward to this season with him. :thumbs::yes:

Good to see Bird, atb with this season

I enjoy reading about buck and I'm happy to eat humble pie and say that I am one of the lads who didn't think he would make anything like the successful running dog he has.

I saw the dog at 10-12 months old and he was a beast. A real lump. All puppy fat and no control of his legs. I just couldn't see the potential and I would of happily stated my mortgage on him struggling to put a good rabbit in the bag given a fair run, let alone turn out how he has and be able to give most "all round" lurchers a run for their money.

Fair play to ray for sticking by the dog and seeing what a lot of us couldn't.

No need for the green eyed monster lads. Ray is a nice fella and just proud of his dog. Keep it up old timer ;-)

I couldn't of put it better myself Gaz...I saw Buck last September and I honestly thought that he was far to big and heavy, but Ray and Buck are proving lots of people, including myself wrong :victory: . I'm really glad for you Ray.

Keep at it Ray ATB postie ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Have you any pics of the dog mate? curious to know what he looks like…

here you go mate,

DSCN0119_zpsa0cc1795.jpg

He seems a strong first x Bird. How was he to bring up from a pup, was he strong headed at all?

no mate he was easy to be honest, he as sensitive temp bit wimpy lol, he loves people+dogs , around the house he very quite never barks , so no good as guard dog .lol. But when in the hunting mode day+night , he very different dog , he very full on . he will try 100% to catch+kill what ever you put him on . he pissed off after some wooden tops in the day and was gone 1 hour, so its only when hunting he strong headed (deaf) lol, but rather have a dog him like that giving everything , than a dog who say only gives 90 % .!!

• Like 1