Crackin Night Again.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went out again with trigger2 (jon) his dog Buster and my dog young Buck, Buck was coming great last time out ,as said once he started to calm , so was expecting the same last tinght. Buck had 2 nights

Remind me ray,,,how big is buck?...lol   Good night again there boys

I enjoy reading about buck and I'm happy to eat humble pie and say that I am one of the lads who didn't think he would make anything like the successful running dog he has.   I saw the dog at 10-12

thats some height and weight dose it not hinder him in any way

no mate none what so ever :thumbs: he is my biggest lurcher ive ever had ,all my others were 25-27in 60 -75lb that's colliexs and bullxs.So Buck a lot bigger but he catches just as good as the others, or to be honest better he seems to have very flexible back to him, he picks rabbits dead easy he got great strike and fast , and very good recovery from each run. l ike said on the post, he do 6-7 on the bounce give him 1min and he do the same again good stamina I think. :yes: if I had known about this x 1x gsd x grey 20 odd years ago I would have had one back then, think they were popular in 60-70 as fox+deer dogs just went out fashion like a lot of things today , but like anything get a good'un its a great x :thumbs:

• Like 1

is his stanima and inteligance on parr with the collie x's off past

his stamina better than my colliexs, regards the brains side of it, i find the colliexs are like thinking type dogs meaning thinking about the runs it does or the quarry it going to chase or tackle, where as he just go in does it regardless quarry or runs, if that makes sense.? To me a gsdx grey got a different mind set to a colliex grey , his 2sisters are the same and another brother the same very full on type dogs :yes:

his stamina better than my colliexs, regards the brains side of it, i find the colliexs are like thinking type dogs meaning thinking about the runs it does or the quarry it going to chase or tackle, where as he just go in does it regardless quarry or runs, if that makes sense.? To me a gsdx grey got a different mind set to a colliex grey , his 2sisters are the same and another brother the same very full on type dogs :yes:

he sounds a very usefull dog and nimble for his size and weight allso, at 28tts and 87lb he sounds a simular range to the more popular malamute x how would you compare the gsdx to the mal x

he sounds a very usefull dog and nimble for his size and weight allso, at 28tts and 87lb he sounds a simular range to the more popular malamute x how would you compare the gsdx to the mal x

not really sure , the other dog Buster is a 1/4 malamute .3/4 lurcher and he is very fast+agile dog smaller than Buck , Buster 27in 74lb .But from what read and heard Alsatian x greys or Alsatian x lurcher are fast tough lurchers.You only got to see some proper working bred East/European gsds or Bel mals working to see how fast+agile strong dogs there are in pure from , so put to a running dog you got hell of a good chance of getting a very useful lurcher i reckon :yes:

• Like 1

he sounds a very usefull dog and nimble for his size and weight alwhy do lso, at 28tts and 87lb he sounds a simular range to the more popular malamute x how would you compare the gsdx to the mal x

not really sure , the other dog Buster is a 1/4 malamute .3/4 lurcher and he is very fast+agile dog smaller than Buck , Buster 27in 74lb .But from what read and heard Alsatian x greys or Alsatian x lurcher are fast tough lurchers.You only got to see some proper working bred East/European gsds or Bel mals working to see how fast+agile strong dogs there are in pure from , so put to a running dog you got hell of a good chance of getting a very useful lurcher i reckon :yes:
why do you think this aren't the most popular x then ?or why did this x lose favour if it so good?

he sounds a very usefull dog and nimble for his size and weight alwhy do lso, at 28tts and 87lb he sounds a simular range to the more popular malamute x how would you compare the gsdx to the mal x
why do you think this aren't the most popular x then ?or why did this x lose favour if it so good?

not real sure mate, i think what happened bullxs took of in the 70s and they were very good dogs that would start early compare to a lot of other lurcher types that was about then , and i will admit my self i do like a bullx grey myself as ive had 3 before all good dogs,and quite like the look of a bullx as well . Where as gsd x grey just looks like a big gsd lol, but being honest mate, i find Buck is very similar to my bullx regards atuide , he up for anything that's in front of him, and deff got better stamina than my bullxs , he recovers quick from each run, even better than what Bryn my colliex grey does.