Is There Something Wrong With This Dog?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty Jagd hunting US members on the board you could contact... Gameness as in pit bull gameness and grit in a working/hunting dog is something different imho, but lets not go there.

no mate honest if i see the cur in a dog i just wave a dildo at them they go up a gear

the baby raccoon in the video is slow and was most likely dumped from sitting in a live trap for a few days...thats not how slow raccoons normally act !

Plenty Jagd hunting US members on the board you could contact...

Gameness as in pit bull gameness and grit in a working/hunting dog is something different imho, but lets not go there.

I agree 100%. Depending on what you're hunting a "pit bull gameness" can either finish the fight, or leave you with nothing but a dead dog. If you're hunting game like Jaguar, pit bull gameness leaves you with a dead dog. If your hunting wild boar and trying to use terrier type gameness for a catch dog, you end up being the one who gets hurt or killed.

the baby raccoon in the video is slow and was most likely dumped from sitting in a live trap for a few days...thats not how slow raccoons normally act!

That's exactly what I thought, it's a coon dumped out of a trap.

Give me a call! My buddy and I would love to come along on a hunt. You can come hunting with us and our mink if you like :)

801-548-2696

• Like 1

Minkenry... If you want to get out for some terrier work and see some other terriers work, let me let me know... I dont live far from you!!!

I am the one whose dog this post is about. I am a new member here, and was having a hard time posting, so Minkenry did it for me... I live in Riverton. I would love to see your dogs work! I actually have a good working terrier coming here in the next couple months, so I won't be stuck working a piece of crap dog much longer. Please call me when you can. I would really like to get out and work with some quality dogs. Cade Pocock 801-989-2508

How do you train a mink to flush and not catch?

I'm genuinely interested.

And I would think you should really avoid letting the mink bite the dog...

If that happens with a jagd or patt, more than likely you got a dead mink on your hands.

Have you thought about a Jack Russel terrier? I think that might work well for you guys..

• Like 1

First off that little coon in the video is a canned hunt, any dog worth his salt should take on a coon twice his size. I would let the dog play with rats/soft game up to 6-8 months, then let him run with a quality dog until 12 months on bigger game, only letting him rag the tired carcass, after that I let him have a go on his own, if he stalls I wait until he is a bit older, then retry, if he fails I go back to working him with a more experienced dog, if he still fails its by by time. Most of the quality working dogs I have owned had to be held back for their own good, I would take Pitdawg up on his offer, I have been on several other forums & have seen some nice work from him. There are plenty of quality breeders out there, usually small yards, keep away from any dog with some fancy title like Browns Briar Farm super duty maximum destruction, them are shiteaters breed for some snooty old bag, Keep your dogs under 14 inches and weight from the low 20's depending on your area of hunting. Most folks in the US dig, barn hunt, or bush with their terriers. I prefer Patts over the Jags, but that is about the only 2 real options here that is a consistent working terrier breed.JMO

• Like 2