Eagle Owl

steven35

Ok as I said don't know about them was offered an thought I would seek some info before getting it.what are they good for? Any good on fox or small deer an thanks for explaining was much more help than thick as pig shit everyone has to learn cheers

Ok as I said don't know about them was offered an thought I would seek some info before getting it.what are they good for? Any good on fox or small deer an thanks for explaining was much more help than thick as pig shit everyone has to learn cheers

owls in general are as thick as pig shit,a European eagle owl has very powerful stubby feet,quite capable of killing up to a Labrador sized dog or even a small child, as you say everyone needs to learn, some more than others, this is not a personal dig but rather a dig at the whole falconry scene in general,

Heard of a few people that hunt with eagles but generally there not suited to falconry, which is hunting with a bird of prey not just flying it. In saying that though my mate who I have no reason to disbelieve told me he caught a fox cub with his female once. Look into falconry a bit more and get a Harris or retail for the rabbits

Edited by youcanthide...BANG
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Not harsh at all realistic it's like getting a car and driving without ever sitting in one.

but surely everybody has had to first sit in a car before having ever driven one when they learned to drive?? To folk who are already experienced falconers, would know that getting an owl to hunt would be absolute nonsense, but to somebody who is looking to get into it not knowing much about birds it's not....... All I would say is read as much as you can, and maybe try and find a mentor (experienced falconer) near you that could maybe point you in the right direction and help you choose the right bird for you, best of luck to you mate.
  • Like 1