Single Or Double Band ?

It was sugested to me last week to maybe ditch the second band and just use single bands my ammo is 9.5mm ssbb and will be m10 hex nuts when I buy some oh my bands are tbg 8.5" 30 to 25mm taper will this be enough to drop them ? I've set my catty up on singles and feels much better on singles than doubles did it late so can't try it out till the morning

I think you've answered your own question Kemperz, when you say it feels better on singles.

A bit like a rifle, if you're not happy with the set - up, if it doesn't 'feel right', then it's probably not !

Hope the rain lets up soon, so you can try it out ! :thumbs:

Yes I know I sort of answed my own question but what feels right /nice to shoot might not be enough to knock them over I'm only gauging it on black widow is in the middle double bands are harder to draw/ hold and single bands are more like my fishing catty light easy to hold but dnt feel that powerfull but if my ammo is light I suppose I'll have to give it ago and see ;-)

Been out today cleared wilko out of [BANNED TEXT] hex nuts as they don't stock m10 by the looks of it ;-( I'm suprised at how straight they fly one thing I want to know is what is the best setup meaning length and taper of single bands so I can start there as I've mullered my current bands and don't have much tbg left maybe enough to cut 1 more set untill my delivery arrives any help would be great thanks

To measure how long you need bands, hold a tape measure in the hand you hold your catty, then pull the tape out with your other hand until you touch your anchor point, see how many inches it is, then divide that number by 4. For instance my draw is 32", so divide that by 4 gives me a band length of 8". This is what I cut my bands at.

I like single 1745 or looped they last for ever never have any luck with flat bands , peoe say they get 500 plus shots with singles tapers but I never seem to hit 300 doing every thing right . However if I use flats I use single asda blue 30-20 dropped a few woodys no problem with 9.5

• Like 1

To measure how long you need bands, hold a tape measure in the hand you hold your catty, then pull the tape out with your other hand until you touch your anchor point, see how many inches it is, then divide that number by 4. For instance my draw is 32", so divide that by 4 gives me a band length of 8". This is what I cut my bands at.

that's just the answer I was hoping for thankyou very much

When making a band set do you max them out when shooting or leave abit to give ?

if using latex then yeah, as you need to max it out to get the maximum power from it, if using TBG etc then no, it doesn't last too well if you max it right out.