.22 None Believers

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi My HW100kt .177 is away at the moment at XTX AIR to have the anti tamp taken out , so I have gone back to my trusted HW100kt .22. for day time use . Went to my new permission late yesterday eve

ive been shooting 40 yrs + and ive never owned a 1.77 lads always had .22 and like has been said -as long as your quarry is dispatched quickly & humanely calibre shouldnt matter learning to j

Only 30 years dr bob Vm and Big Mac 40 + years Fec me then boys I AM THE DADDY lol And by the way as vm has said its a bit of banter , it would be a sad world if we couldn't take the piss out of

And dr bob strides in and ruffles some feathers... Again.

Get your hunting pics on the forum man. Let's see what ya got :D can be 22 or 177... Heavy or light ;)

That's unfair and inaccurate. People have mild pops, and I pop back - I'm just better at it and you think I'm the one starting things? - Sorry that's just inaccurate. Anyway, nuff said.

Hunting pics? Have you heard of photoshop? hahaha. Proves nothing.

I've never understood people who take pictures of dead animals. I've been shooting on and off for 30 years my friend, never done it once. I'm not preaching to others, if you want to do it, then fine, not judging, but not for me and never will be. Each to their own.

I never realised there was a problem with a .22

As Rez said, there is no problem with a .22. People have been using .22s for decades to hunt vermin.

• Like 1

There isn't.

It's the ease of killing that favours 177. Aim dead on from 8 to 45 yards :) as you'll know.

If you understand your .22, have done your practice and research on pellets, zerored to the right distance, have worked out your small hold overs and unders from that, then I'd say 15 - 45yds is true for .22 as an 'optimal' range. While the trajectory is certainly more curved for .22, people interpret this as being 'too curved' - not at all. In real terms its often flatter than people think. People confuse a relative difference (.177 is flatter than .22) with an absolute difference, (.177 is completely flat, .22 is completely curved). The latter is not accurate. ;)

Edited by Dr B
  • Like 1

And dr bob strides in and ruffles some feathers... Again.

Get your hunting pics on the forum man. Let's see what ya got :D can be 22 or 177... Heavy or light ;)

That's unfair and inaccurate. People have mild pops, and I pop back - I'm just better at it and you think I'm the one starting things? - Sorry that's just inaccurate. Anyway, nuff said.

Hunting pics? Have you heard of photoshop? hahaha. Proves nothing.

I've never understood people who take pictures of dead animals. I've been shooting on and off for 30 years my friend, never done it once. I'm not preaching to others, if you want to do it, then fine, not judging, but not for me and never will be. Each to their own.

Ha. Its cool man. Im ment no offense. Being as you've only been a member since the 1st or 2nd, so like 5 days, or whatever it is, your banter is what all the new un's put in, your just finding your place :)

Im not saying it proves anything... just wanna see your set ups mate :yes: [secretly hoping its not a SMK or Gamo though... ;)]

x

No worries Rez

I shoot AA. S410k and TX200Hc. Just ordered another S410 but a classic with a walnut thumbhole.

Edited by Dr B