.22 None Believers

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi My HW100kt .177 is away at the moment at XTX AIR to have the anti tamp taken out , so I have gone back to my trusted HW100kt .22. for day time use . Went to my new permission late yesterday eve

ive been shooting 40 yrs + and ive never owned a 1.77 lads always had .22 and like has been said -as long as your quarry is dispatched quickly & humanely calibre shouldnt matter learning to j

Only 30 years dr bob Vm and Big Mac 40 + years Fec me then boys I AM THE DADDY lol And by the way as vm has said its a bit of banter , it would be a sad world if we couldn't take the piss out of

In USA they rarely advocate going for head shots ! Which I find odd all the videos on utube are pretty lame shooting good guns and the norm is body shots.

That said they're FAC but why not go for head shots ?

I shoot both .22 and .177, I prefer .22 for ratting and .177 for rabbits. Reason being...I'm crap at sneaking up on rabbits, and rats just come out to the bait. The increased accuracy over the extra 5 meters for .177 is helpful, but the sound of a .22 on a rat is just beautiful. Using a .177 for a rat doesn't have the same *THUNK* sound as a .22 does.

Going to be trying a spot of ratting with a .177 pistol soon! Exciting!!!!

Edited by RemyBolt
  • Like 1

but the sound of a .22 on a rat is just beautiful. Using a .177 for a rat doesn't have the same *THUNK* sound as a .22 does.

I describe that sound with my HW100 as "click-clunk" :thumbs:

Going to be trying a spot of ratting with a .177 pistol soon! Exciting!!!!

Best of luck with that!

Get them in really close... and even then be prepared for a lot of "tumblers" (They are the rats that roll up into a furry ball and tumble off at high speed into the scenery due to a non-fatal shot). Unless you are a heck of a lot better at pistol shooting than I am. :D

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...