.22 None Believers

Cant believe this is an old thread of mine and it has turned into this :cray:

O well I just one of a long line of posters who often really have nothing to say, but vomit it up anyway , classic :laugh:

Have a nice evening ,I am of out now to price up more work then of to Football ,so I will not be on here tonight ,should be calm night :thumbs:

:bye: :bye: :bye:

:cray: :cray: :cray:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi My HW100kt .177 is away at the moment at XTX AIR to have the anti tamp taken out , so I have gone back to my trusted HW100kt .22. for day time use . Went to my new permission late yesterday eve

ive been shooting 40 yrs + and ive never owned a 1.77 lads always had .22 and like has been said -as long as your quarry is dispatched quickly & humanely calibre shouldnt matter learning to j

Only 30 years dr bob Vm and Big Mac 40 + years Fec me then boys I AM THE DADDY lol And by the way as vm has said its a bit of banter , it would be a sad world if we couldn't take the piss out of

Cant believe this is an old thread of mine and it has turned into this :cray:

O well I just one of a long line of posters who often really have nothing to say, but vomit it up anyway , classic :laugh:

Have a nice evening ,I am of out now to price up more work then of to Football ,so I will not be on here tonight ,should be calm night :thumbs:

we live in hope, dont rush back..... :bye: Only kidding......take it easy ;)

Well this is the strangest airgun calibre debate iv ever seen! It's like part bickering, part legal battle and part p!ss take LOl!

.22 on both counts for me - biz mags and air arms field plus in my FAC airgun

And also .22 in my sub 12 airgun (air arms field)

A .22 for me hits harder (May be in a minor advantage but in my head but it adds confidence) and working out holdover makes it a more enjoyable calibre to use.

I can see the added benefits of .177 also tho and iv owned severel of them but they arnt for me.

Hope you guys make friends - it's a great forum here and it would be a shame to see it full of bickering as enjoyable as it is to read LOL.

• Like 1

Hey Tom

Great post, I could not agree more, .22 for me all the way as well and for the same reasons. However, I know some guys can make a .177 a devastating machine, with the right pellet.

I just think we are all lucky to be around at a time when we have some of the best engineered guns around. If you think the .22 vs .177 is a big debate, wait until we all start arguing with shotgunners..... :laugh::victory:

Edited by Dr B
  • Like 1

Only 30 years dr bob

Vm and Big Mac 40 + years

Fec me then boys I AM THE DADDY lol

And by the way as vm has said its a bit of banter , it would be a sad world if we couldn't take the piss out of each other now and again , fun fun fun , it makes the world go round ! In a nice way

Atb lads

dave

All the old boys shoot better, something to do with resting on the zimmer frame.

The zimmer dose it for me Tim lol

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hey Tom

Great post, I could not agree more, .22 for me all the way as well and for the same reasons. However, I know some guys can make a .177 a devastating machine, with the right pellet.

I just think we are all lucky to be around at a time when we have some of the best engineered guns around. If you think the .22 vs .177 is a big debate, wait until we all start arguing with shotgunners..... :laugh::victory:

Yes my younger brother (mattybugeye on here) is a sub 12 .177 springer fan and iv seen him hit targets (not live animals) at mega ranges I'd only be able to hit with my fac .22. But I'm still sticking with my .22 for the reason it hits harder.
  • Like 2

Hey Tom

I must say I enjoy using my .410 folder over the 12 bore any day although I will admit it doesnt have the "knock down" power :D As you said its what suits you and what you enjoy, as long as it works it doesn't matter :)

• Like 1

Hey Tom

Been a 22 man since i was a kid and would not even look at a 177

that was until i was lone a one the scorpion t10 synthetic off my local rfd

i bought the rifle the next day

but i still love my 22,s and all ways will

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

It's been emotional to be honest, boring at times...

But Dr B has thoroughly had his arse kicked and now he's one of the members :)

I remember v'man bending me over as soon as I joined. Gotta break the rookies down to build um back up again... Now I'm a better shot. So it's cool. Ain't it v'man?! ;)

Peace.

• Like 1

What a great debate this is, and great points by all :yes: .

The best and quickest way for me to describe my 40 + years as an air gun hunter on the calibre question is this-

Heart / lung shot - .22 full power to the chest area through those tree branches, twigs, etc if the trajectory allows. :hmm:

.177 full power directly to the heart "only" through those tree branches,twigs,etc AS the trajectory allows :yes:

Head shot - 22 full power to the "head area" through those tree branches, twigs, etc if the trajectory allows :hmm:

.177 full power directly to the "temple and brain" "only" through those tree branches,twigs, etc As the trajectory allows :yes:

On "open ground" either calibre is deadly if the marksman knows his craft .

To take this a "step further" a pcp rifle will put the average shooter with in the realms of a springer marksman.

"Does it matter" ?

What a great debate (just my humble again lads/girls) :angel:

atb

Edited by mark williams
  • Like 2

I remember v'man bending me over as soon as I joined. Gotta break the rookies down to build um back up again... Now I'm a better shot. So it's cool. Ain't it v'man?! ;)

Peace.

My interpretation is very different. I've got a few arses round here hanging in my trophy cabinet...... :cray::victory:

Is this the only forum that needs vasaline?

Edited by Dr B
  • Like 1

What a great debate this is, and great points by all :yes: .

The best and quickest way for me to describe my 40 + years as an air gun hunter on the calibre question is this-

Heart / lung shot - .22 full power to the chest area through those tree branches, twigs, etc if the trajectory allows. :hmm:

.177 full power directly to the heart through those tree branches,twigs,etc AS the trajectory allows :yes:

Head shot - 22 full power to the "head area" through those tree branches, twigs, etc if the trajectory allows :hmm:

.177 full power directly to the "temple and brain" through those tree branches,twigs, etc As the trajectory allows :yes:

On "open ground" either calibre is deadly if the marksman knows his craft .

To take this a "step further" a pcp rifle will put the average shooter with in the realms of a springer marksman.

"Does it matter" ?

What a great debate (just my humble again lads/girls) :angel:

atb

Is there an award on here for best post? If so, I'd like to nominate this one - its spot on (smilies aside!). Great conception of the reality of the situation on the whole. Great job Mark.

Edited by Dr B

Peace.

I've got a few arses round here hanging in my trophy cabinet...... :cray::victory:

Is this the only forum that needs vasaline?

You mean photos?! :D

• Like 1