How Many Keep Dogs Kenneled?

how many of you keep your terriers outside? I'd like a terrier, (my OH has 2) and his are both kenneled permenantly. Now i dont know if its the girlie side in me or the fact terriers are so small, I kind of feel sorry for them being out in the cold :D

I suppose it doesnt help Ive only had pet dogs before i got my lurcher (shes in most of the time although does have a kennel and run) and Im used to them being in the house.

I know terriers are hardy little things. But just give me some reassurance. Pictures of your set up (and lovely dogs!) would be a great help!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And inside the kennel, 6 boxes with 6 little garden.  

Never kept a dog inside never will as long as they got a warm dry kennel they're fine

I think any man r woman who chains a dog,should use common sence and not leave enough chain for the dog to do harm,a few ft is plenty providing the dog is geting plenty of exercise.

Posted Images

I have labs which are all outside, one of them hardley ever uses his box he likes sleeping on top of it but my skinny shivering saluki whippet is inside in front of the fire usually lay on my feet lol

But each to there own I like a dog inside it means I don't have to speak to the missus

• Like 1

how many of you keep your terriers outside? I'd like a terrier, (my OH has 2) and his are both kenneled permenantly. Now i dont know if its the girlie side in me or the fact terriers are so small, I kind of feel sorry for them being out in the cold :D

I suppose it doesnt help Ive only had pet dogs before i got my lurcher (shes in most of the time although does have a kennel and run) and Im used to them being in the house.

I know terriers are hardy little things. But just give me some reassurance. Pictures of your set up (and lovely dogs!) would be a great help!

outside single kennels that how it should be two inside shed sick bay

I wouldn't have a dog on a chain mate I know of a couple of good Lurchers that have hung themselves when chasing next doors cat and tried to follow it over fence

I think any man r woman who chains a dog,should use common sence and not leave enough chain for the dog to do harm,a few ft is plenty providing the dog is geting plenty of exercise.

• Like 4