i was watching a program about super rats a few weeks ago and bishops castle was on there because it has super rats, they are imune to all off the shelf rat poisons. there is only 2 strains of poison that kills them which you need to be licensed to buy.

apparently there is only 2 poisons available that can still kill all rats.

Depends where the rats are if they're inside I jump straight on the broadifcoum paste and it absolutely knocks them bandy. I like the whole grain diffenacoum bait by pel gar for outside, I've never had any problems but I know some people do struggle with it.

I've been using whole grain diffenacoum bait that has been affective but they have become wise to it in my pens and I'm limited to places to put it as my chickens can get to it I'm after some other poisons that are affective if anyone can recommend cheers..

Are you finding any rat resistance/difficulty controlling rats??

I often use Rat CP Blocks which so far seem to work very well, I do use difenacoum/bromadiolone preps as well so that all bases are covered.

What are works for you??

Have I missed something, do you mean the Romax Rat 100g rectangular pasta type sachet (it is quite hard), is there a solid block these days?

Most sites will get Difenacoum or Bromadiolone based baits depending on the survey, but I have certainly noticed what I consider a resistance on more than one site, usually move on to Coumatetralyl if needed.

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker

The customers won't like the bill how long it would take to use traps, air gun & dogs only on an infestation. An integrated system of traps & bait works for me & if I can pick a few off with the dog I will (must be the right situation, not on a commercial premise).

Rat CP dont think its a pasta type, more a soft block, which is easily broken when putting the bait on wires to secure bait in burrows. Could do with it being a little bit more flexible.

I tend to use it as my number one rat kill product, ans so far seems to do the trick, after all "time is money"

The customers won't like the bill how long it would take to use traps, air gun & dogs only on an infestation. An integrated system of traps & bait works for me & if I can pick a few off with the dog I will (must be the right situation, not on a commercial premise).

I’m with you on that one; airgun for my own house – bait for everyone else. Nothing to do with resistance, just don’t want a load of dead rats under my floor.

If only you could make the punters smell a load of rotting rats, I recon they’d pay the extra to let you do more trapping.

• Like 1

What about the electronic sound thing that gives ultrasonic sound spose to get rid of them by giving a loud sound that they can't stand let me know if it's right or wrong they use the same kind of thing when they put up power lines to keep all wildlife away I know this as I went hunting quite a lot to the woods went one day not a thing for miles this went on for month's asked about an was told about the work on the power lines and about the ultrasonic thing when they went the wildlife returned like it never happened the most silent few months was strange but works for them