87 replies to this topic

#76 Chris Harrison

Chris Harrison

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:03 pm

what do they show? i went to a country fair down devon years ago that was good, had a fox hunting display on in the show ground. stalls with food and game on etc.

im guessing the old animal welfare people have got the show by the bollox and they cant actually show an animal doing its job?

• assenerot likes this

#77 toby63

toby63

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,674 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:21 pm

what do they show? i went to a country fair down devon years ago that was good, had a fox hunting display on in the show ground. stalls with food and game on etc.

im guessing the old animal welfare people have got the show by the bollox and they cant actually show an animal doing its job?

i dont think they are goin to use live animals in shows pal
  • assenerot likes this

#78 Qbgrey

Qbgrey

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:45 pm

looking at most of the lurchers and people I don't reckon their dogs didn't much hunting out of the ring,or in it
  • assenerot likes this

#79 Chris Harrison

Chris Harrison

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:54 pm

no but they can show how a gun dog does its job at retrieving, that sort of thing is interesting. im a big fan of "if you dont like something dont go and watch" if people dont like the country way of life or the natural way to catch food then they dont have to pay to go see it.

i belive a country show should show everything to do with country life and hunting. they can simulate most things so people get the idea of whats happening. i wasnt saying we should throw a bull in a ring and a few mastiffs or anything lol :) 

• assenerot likes this

#80 toby63

toby63

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,674 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:06 pm

looking at most of the lurchers and people I don't reckon their dogs didn't much hunting out of the ring,or in it
i noticed that aswell pal
  • assenerot likes this

#81 bunnyboiler

bunnyboiler

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 974 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:55 pm

yeah I thought the lurcher ring was a piss take,300mtr out of show,only a shitty burger van,no bar,full of the show brigade,each to their own,i found most of the lurcher folk a bit unfriendly,but I didn't go to show me dog,as im not wanting a rosette for looks.
in the show was ok,good walk round but prob wont go back again

I went on the Sunday took my plummer walked round the terrier ring seen a few plummers seems like there's a click going on and if your not in it you get blanked had a good walk round grabbed a few bargains

#82 Qbgrey

Qbgrey

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:59 pm

yeah I thought the lurcher ring was a piss take,300mtr out of show,only a shitty burger van,no bar,full of the show brigade,each to their own,i found most of the lurcher folk a bit unfriendly,but I didn't go to show me dog,as im not wanting a rosette for looks.
in the show was ok,good walk round but prob wont go back again

I went on the Sunday took my plummer walked round the terrier ring seen a few plummers seems like there's a click going on and if your not in it you get blanked had a good walk round grabbed a few bargains

yes very true,strange atsmosphere with the show brigade.prob why they put them 300mtrs away from everyone else

Edited by Qbgrey, 22 September 2014 - 09:00 pm.

#83 bullcross10

bullcross10

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:24 pm

The terrier classes were awful. You could count the dogs on 1 hand for most of the classes! 1 patterdale dog in the class and the owner walked away proud as punch holding the rossette. The champion of champions was good at the end with a few dogs marked up and showed that they met quarry [BANNED TEXT] and the black dog that won had a mark or 2 aswell. Anyway had a good 2 nights camping on de grounds so all was not so bad!!!☺
  • BOLSTER likes this

#84 chrispyduck83

chrispyduck83

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:59 am

I went to the show on sunday, It was a good day out, took the mrs with me who had never been to one before, and she loved every minute of it. Was impressed by the shows put on with the working dogs. Did anyone else see the show from the guy who had the cocker spaniel with three legs. Was impressed by that little dog, "spicy" i think his name was. Picked up a couple of bargins for me and the good lady too :D

#85 Hywel

Hywel

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:22 pm

this is one show ive never been to but wish I had have tried it ;)

saw on f/book that Robert meek judge the champion of champions lurcher show atb

Who won the champion lurcher class  :hmm: I was at ringside, but went back around the stalls before the class finished. Some fine dogs there though  :yes:

#86 dpb82uk

dpb82uk

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:52 am

went sunday mostly just to race lurcher in the sim racing he won 3 slips lost the 4th ok not fully fit but fun for the dogs and good to see

#87 MR BROOK

MR BROOK

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:53 pm

The final four Lurchers from the champion of champions on Saturday
Paul James 1st , Don't no who was second Roley Buttler 3rd & me 4th

Edited by MR BROOK, 03 October 2014 - 08:27 pm.

• CathNellHarris likes this

#88 Hywel

Hywel

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:58 pm

The final four Lurchers from the champion of champions on Saturday
Paul James 1st , Don't no who was second Roley Buttler 3rd & me 4th

Many thanks  :thumbs:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users