Midland Game Fair Western Park

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sat 20th and sun 21st September post code tf11 8le, anyone going? Always find it a good show.

Just been today expensive IMO £20 to get in for a adult, food prices ridicules £2.00 for cup of tea £4.00 for a bacon roll stupid and most stalls selling the same stuff it hasn't changed in the last f

Ironbridge is quite a taxi journey from Cosford direction but taxis in Telford are probably cheapest around tbf.   I'm heading down on Friday night, Telford town centre with IMAX, pizza express and

what do they show? i went to a country fair down devon years ago that was good, had a fox hunting display on in the show ground. stalls with food and game on etc.

im guessing the old animal welfare people have got the show by the bollox and they cant actually show an animal doing its job?

i dont think they are goin to use live animals in shows pal
  • Like 1

what do they show? i went to a country fair down devon years ago that was good, had a fox hunting display on in the show ground. stalls with food and game on etc.

im guessing the old animal welfare people have got the show by the bollox and they cant actually show an animal doing its job?

looking at most of the lurchers and people I don't reckon their dogs didn't much hunting out of the ring,or in it
  • Like 1

no but they can show how a gun dog does its job at retrieving, that sort of thing is interesting. im a big fan of "if you dont like something dont go and watch" if people dont like the country way of life or the natural way to catch food then they dont have to pay to go see it.

i belive a country show should show everything to do with country life and hunting. they can simulate most things so people get the idea of whats happening. i wasnt saying we should throw a bull in a ring and a few mastiffs or anything lol :)

• Like 1

looking at most of the lurchers and people I don't reckon their dogs didn't much hunting out of the ring,or in it
i noticed that aswell pal
  • Like 1

yeah I thought the lurcher ring was a piss take,300mtr out of show,only a shitty burger van,no bar,full of the show brigade,each to their own,i found most of the lurcher folk a bit unfriendly,but I didn't go to show me dog,as im not wanting a rosette for looks.

in the show was ok,good walk round but prob wont go back again

I went on the Sunday took my plummer walked round the terrier ring seen a few plummers seems like there's a click going on and if your not in it you get blanked had a good walk round grabbed a few bargains

yeah I thought the lurcher ring was a piss take,300mtr out of show,only a shitty burger van,no bar,full of the show brigade,each to their own,i found most of the lurcher folk a bit unfriendly,but I didn't go to show me dog,as im not wanting a rosette for looks.

in the show was ok,good walk round but prob wont go back again

I went on the Sunday took my plummer walked round the terrier ring seen a few plummers seems like there's a click going on and if your not in it you get blanked had a good walk round grabbed a few bargains

yes very true,strange atsmosphere with the show brigade.prob why they put them 300mtrs away from everyone else

Edited by Qbgrey

The terrier classes were awful. You could count the dogs on 1 hand for most of the classes! 1 patterdale dog in the class and the owner walked away proud as punch holding the rossette. The champion of champions was good at the end with a few dogs marked up and showed that they met quarry [BANNED TEXT] and the black dog that won had a mark or 2 aswell. Anyway had a good 2 nights camping on de grounds so all was not so bad!!!☺

• Like 1

I went to the show on sunday, It was a good day out, took the mrs with me who had never been to one before, and she loved every minute of it. Was impressed by the shows put on with the working dogs. Did anyone else see the show from the guy who had the cocker spaniel with three legs. Was impressed by that little dog, "spicy" i think his name was. Picked up a couple of bargins for me and the good lady too :D

this is one show ive never been to but wish I had have tried it ;)

saw on f/book that Robert meek judge the champion of champions lurcher show atb

Who won the champion lurcher class :hmm: I was at ringside, but went back around the stalls before the class finished. Some fine dogs there though :yes: