Webley Patriot .22

The patriot is an old skool rabbit basher I have never encountered. I remember one of the hunters using one from the old airgunner magazine back in the day, Paul something. Cant say it'll have much finesse, but it'll damn do the job. Might kick somewhat.

I have a webley omega it looks like the same trigger as on the patriot for that reason I wound not get one .The trigger on my omega is poor I have fixed it for now but I expect it to fail again .It is hard to explain but because the piston is undersized to fit into the cylinder it is a bit to undersized and the trigger doesnt engage .I have corrected the problem by putting some buttons on the piston these give the effect of making the piston seem bigger by holding the piston centeraly in the cylinder.

I had the not very pleasurable experience of using one for a weekend many years ago and I really didn't like it at all. Very hold sensative and it bucked around in rather horrible fashion. The trigger wasn't too good either, from what I remember.

If you're after a break barrel then go for a decent used HW80. If you want the best however, take a look at the Diana side levers. The 48 and 52 will make an easy 30ish ft-lbs and are no harder to shoot than most sub 12 guns.

Edited by andyfr1968
  • Like 2