I think the Bible's best read as an allegory rather than a set of laws that have to be followed, interpreted by each person on it's own merits. Do that and you might live a more virtuous life, be less worried about death, and take a less extreme view of religion.

• Like 1

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was a child I prayed to god and asked for a bike, but I knew god didn't work that way so I stole one and asked for forgiveness instead ?.

I will clearly state that my belief is that God does NOT exist. However, you can't prove that something doesn't exist, so if your telling me that I'm wrong, then I'm going to need some proof. Proof th

I've had a google and they reckon it's about 5000 pairs. What I can't understand if God was so powerful, powerful enough that he can make the world, he could do all these amazing things. He summons a

Posted Images

yes I agree it has been COPIED not changed, big difference,many times but the first scripture(bible) was wrote in hebrew,the king james bible is word for word translation from hebrew to english.its the only one I use,the rest of bibles words have been changed slightly l no I study them looking for changes.now its WORDS that have been changed not sentences or paragraphs.now if you want go get a few diff bibles an read them 99.9% same except few word changes by man.so can anyone tell me any.so has anyone real evidences to disprove king james bible atb

Just to put a spanner or three in the works, what about the parting of the dead sea, the ark with just 2 of each animal how did he feed them all? Moses must have been some hefty fella carting those slabs down a mountain or Samson and all those stories. All those authors would be pullitzer prize winners these days. Their hooch must have been something special. If their is a god why do paedophiles exist and millions of children dieing.

More holes than a leaky sieve with the bible is true argument.

• Like 1

Written in Hebrew you say??? So the fact they have found tablets and art etc dating way older than most Hebrew texts in ancient Sumerian and other very ancient curiform texts telling the same STORIES. Plus the king James bible isn't a direct word for word translation from Hebrew texts because it is impossible to translate word for word into English from Hebrew as it would make about as much sense as every bible basherin the world..... None!

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1

im not getting embroiled in the whole god science argument, but has science actually proved the start so to speak? I know that they've proved the making of matter /anti matter criac, but I cant believe everything a scientist says either. I do believe they probably are near enough. some people treat science like a religion though which is no different to religion.

p.s I was raised catholic, I respect others beliefs. but I lost the faith years ago.

and im not fully aware of all the scientific evidence so don't jump down my throat. but im interested in science as a whole. so if someone can enlighten me as for the "start" please do so :icon_redface: