The Hebrews were the chosen people.the descendants of Adam and the line was to be kept going for Jesus to be born.

When Jesus was born the Hebrews rejected him as messiah but anyone who followed Jesus from then on could go to heaven.the Hebrews were protected before Jesus because they were the chosen people.

What do yee think of the saints who have not decomposed look up st bernadette

And why did the Hebrews, the descendants of God (after all God created Adam directly), reject Jesus as the Messiah?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was a child I prayed to god and asked for a bike, but I knew god didn't work that way so I stole one and asked for forgiveness instead ?.

I will clearly state that my belief is that God does NOT exist. However, you can't prove that something doesn't exist, so if your telling me that I'm wrong, then I'm going to need some proof. Proof th

I've had a google and they reckon it's about 5000 pairs. What I can't understand if God was so powerful, powerful enough that he can make the world, he could do all these amazing things. He summons a

Posted Images

Hutchy no I havent read the originals, saying that thete in hebrew an greek an latin, but ive seen them, an fair enough, you dont beleive in God or bible, but some of us do, an you keep ignoring my question, if you cant show me were the bible is ,,,what ever you say, you havent a leg to stand on, so if you cant drum any evidence up, whats the point spoofing.

So your saying theres nothing to back it up lol, have a look at jesus life, here to start you of look up josephus, the hebrew historian, lots of stuff to back it up,,,,,independent stuff, ive done this already on the thread an no one brought up anything to doubt the bible so crack on.

Because the messiah was to be born from the line of king David but he was conceived through the immaculate conception.joseph was descended from David .they expected a fierce warrior like king from royalty but Jesus background was humble and he didnt lead the Hebrews into battle

Hutchy no I havent read the originals, saying that thete in hebrew an greek an latin, but ive seen them, an fair enough, you dont beleive in God or bible, but some of us do, an you keep ignoring my question, if you cant show me were the bible is ,,,what ever you say, you havent a leg to stand on, so if you cant drum any evidence up, whats the point spoofing.

So your saying theres nothing to back it up lol, have a look at jesus life, here to start you of look up josephus, the hebrew historian, lots of stuff to back it up,,,,,independent stuff, ive done this already on the thread an no one brought up anything to doubt the bible so crack on.

So if you've not read the originals, can not understand the languages in which they are wrote how do you deem that the KJ is the most accurate translation?

Can't show where the bible is.....what?

Oh dear, you've done it again, just read what you wanted to read. "Lots of stuff"? Really? Josephus mentions Jesus three times at best and many many many christian and catholic scholars have dismissed the testimonium flavianum as a hoax, an insert many years after the death of Josephus. Look up a guy called Eusibeus or something ;) I think the big give away is the fact that translated, Josephus refers to Jesus as "The Messiah", whoooopsy!! A very well respected and high ranking man of his time amongst the Jewish population calling Jesus The Messiah? Surely you didn't miss that one.

The only documents attesting to the authenticity of the TF were written first in Greek and then translated to Latin so were discounted for that reason alone never mind the fact the first being written in the 11th century, the next in the 1354 and the last one somewhere in the 15th century. Not exactly eye witness being over one thousand after it was supposedly written and had already dismissed as a hoax. Even the site josephus.org dismisses the TF as a hoax and his despcription of Jesus being far too close other historians of the time. Plagiarism is called by the site that was set up to give as much information as possible, proper Josephus geeks.

A Josephus scholar called Louis Feldman (very clever chap) wrote about how the writings of this Eusebius bloke had a certain style about them and he loved the phrase eis eti te nun. Nobody else had used that phrase according to the Thesaurus Linguae Graecae but Eusebius used it three times and coincidently Josephus used it once in the TF. What are the chances of that?

So Josephus not only uses almost the exact same description of Jesus from other historians but also uses phrases nobody else is using in his writings. You might want to lookup this Eusebius guy as he's pretty prominent in the church a few years after Josephus' death.

• Like 1

Because the messiah was to be born from the line of king David but he was conceived through the immaculate conception.joseph was descended from David .they expected a fierce warrior like king from royalty but Jesus background was humble and he didnt lead the Hebrews into battle

Oh, I thought he didn't full fill any of the three key things in the prophecy laid down by God.

Ah yes, Jesus, born unto an unmarried woman betrothed to another man but then the bible drills home how sex out of wedlock is immoral, a sin and how you should not covert thy neighbour. Guess it's OK if they're engaged though, not really married are they and it was God after all, not like your best mate or anything having a diddle after a few drinks.

The Son of God brought to earth by breaking two of the most sacred teachings in the whole book. What a crock of ....... Mary should have been put to death for adultery if she was married according to Moses law or God has committed sin and therefore must seek forgiveness through Jesus his own illegitimate son who he sent to die for the sin of Man so who dies for God's sin?

Glad you learned something, so your saying now ,theres no such ting as jesus, as I said loads of independent history for jesus an the bible, if you want to know look it up, but you dont want to your trying to convince yourself lad, but here crack on, an WHEN YOU STOP DODGING QUESTION, LIKE YOU DID AGAIN, GIVE ME SOMETHING THAT SAYS BIBLE WRONG OR WHATEVER, until then, your getting nowere

haha your getting extreme here now hutchy, marry was a virgin , immaculate conception, an its fine if you dont beleive, thats your free will, no ones stopping you but your getting angry weman, I can tell by your loose talk, so you do want you want an il keep the faith, but here if you can find any evidence to say bible wrong or whatever, il be willing to discuss.

haha your getting extreme here now hutchy, marry was a virgin , immaculate conception, an its fine if you dont beleive, thats your free will, no ones stopping you but your getting angry weman, I can tell by your loose talk, so you do want you want an il keep the faith, but here if you can find any evidence to say bible wrong or whatever, il be willing to discuss.

I've got nothing to be angry or extreme about.

The Bible is all about faith. You either believe what is says or you don't. Even those that were best friends with Jesus were told to have faith, not fact. It's not proven fact at all, especially going on the stuff you've brought up. You can't even bring yourself to face up to the documented fact and self proclaimed admission that Hitler was a believer in the bible, from his own mouth whilst in power and whilst at war. Seriously deluded.

You keep your faith Fraz, just don't confuse it with fact.

When you are at your weakest god shows you his strength .he came not only to take away sin but disease and infirmaties

So he's a doctor now. Fraz might have something to say on that as man has not evolved as far as education and knowledge goes for quite some time yet anti-biotics, vaccinations, medical treatments and indeed general knowledge of basic medical procedures have all been massive milestones in recent times that have only benefitted mankind.

Rhetorical question for all of the believers. You or your wife are unable to conceive naturally or you have a child that is born prematurely and will not survive without medical assistance or they won't survive to adulthood without a long period of medical support or you develop a terminal illness that is preventable through medical treatment, do you accept the treatment in either case or do you believe your faith, prayers and God's will will be enough to see you through in each case as it is either God's will that you won't be able to conceive, have a poorly child or develop a terminal illness?

Well there are loads of cases of healing disease and sickness by Jesus working through a person with faith that is present at the sick bed etc.man has advanced medically but the cures are there already created by god .man is just discovering them
Not necessarily, I'm sure you've heard of spontaneous healing where people suffering from diseases such as cancer go on a visit to some holy place and miraculously get cured. It's the expectation and euphoria that heals them.
Is it now?

No it's God....