Hypocrisy is endemic in the church & all religions...........I have no interest in the church, therefore have no interest in what go's on there.........gay marriage included

how many have their children christened as a standard thing rather than for what its actually intended for. personally i never had either of my lads christened as i am not religious, preferring to let them make their own minds up when they understand what it means, now to me i am respecting religion by doing this even though i dont follow it in any shape or form, where as allowing gay marriage in a church against what the bible teaches to me is disrespecting the religion.

That's how I was brought up, religion was neither encouraged or disrespected & I suppose I'll do the same with my son, I get what you're saying, but if it now has the blessing of the church, is it disrespectful?

I personally see the hypocrisy in all church weddings of non religious couples (gay or straight), thats why I refused to marry in a church, although I probably wouldn't refuse an invite, so does that make me a hypocrite? lol

Are you against gay marriage full stop? that I get, although it doesn't trouble me.......but if the church are choosing to move with the times, I just don't see it as disrespectful.

the issue of gay marriages in church was pushed as a way of showing acceptance of homosexuality, personally i can never see gay as being normal and i have as much right to think that as they do to think it is, the media seems hell bent on putting as many gays in the faces of the general public at every opportunity. maybe i am of the age group where things were different, when i was younger it was illegal to be gay in the forces, but today its all over prime time tv !!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was a child I prayed to god and asked for a bike, but I knew god didn't work that way so I stole one and asked for forgiveness instead ?.

I will clearly state that my belief is that God does NOT exist. However, you can't prove that something doesn't exist, so if your telling me that I'm wrong, then I'm going to need some proof. Proof th

I've had a google and they reckon it's about 5000 pairs. What I can't understand if God was so powerful, powerful enough that he can make the world, he could do all these amazing things. He summons a

Posted Images

The rituals of the Christian faith are as much a part of British social heritage/tradition/culture as anything else. If we threw away every part of our culture that wasn't true to it's roots we would be throwing out a lot more than marriage.

I see nothing wrong with atheists having a church wedding as it's so ingrained in British culture. To some it may be all about god but to most it's about tradition.[

As gay marriage will become part of tradition as well. Case closed. Well done born!

You say that like I give a f**k, lol. Religion is dieing out and yet it's shaped much of British culture, and well I quite like British culture so I'll keep practicing the traditions we have whether they have their roots in religion or not.

Good for you mate!! It was a bit of humour born......come on don't be so serious lol........I couldn't care less either way, I have my own opinions on marriage in church, but I really couldn't care less what others do.....live & let live..that's me..;-)

• Like 2

Hypocrisy is endemic in the church & all religions...........I have no interest in the church, therefore have no interest in what go's on there.........gay marriage included

how many have their children christened as a standard thing rather than for what its actually intended for. personally i never had either of my lads christened as i am not religious, preferring to let them make their own minds up when they understand what it means, now to me i am respecting religion by doing this even though i dont follow it in any shape or form, where as allowing gay marriage in a church against what the bible teaches to me is disrespecting the religion.

That's how I was brought up, religion was neither encouraged or disrespected & I suppose I'll do the same with my son, I get what you're saying, but if it now has the blessing of the church, is it disrespectful?

I personally see the hypocrisy in all church weddings of non religious couples (gay or straight), thats why I refused to marry in a church, although I probably wouldn't refuse an invite, so does that make me a hypocrite? lol

Are you against gay marriage full stop? that I get, although it doesn't trouble me.......but if the church are choosing to move with the times, I just don't see it as disrespectful.

the issue of gay marriages in church was pushed as a way of showing acceptance of homosexuality, personally i can never see gay as being normal and i have as much right to think that as they do to think it is, the media seems hell bent on putting as many gays in the faces of the general public at every opportunity. maybe i am of the age group where things were different, when i was younger it was illegal to be gay in the forces, but today its all over prime time tv !!

I respect that view, it's not my own, but I can see where you're coming from.....

why is the bible so hard to beleive,do people not beleive eye witness accounts or are people just willfully ignorant.the bible has stood the test of time,no one has disproved it in any shape or form,an there have been hundreds( still are) trying to disprove to no avail,most people are just hypocrites slabering away about bible but there jyst going from what theyve heard from someone else f***ing idiots letting people make there mind up for them.think about this YOUR DEAD LONGER THAN YOU LIVE colombus is dead few hundred years.think about that

why is the bible so hard to beleive,do people not beleive eye witness accounts or are people just willfully ignorant.the bible has stood the test of time,no one has disproved it in any shape or form,an there have been hundreds( still are) trying to disprove to no avail,most people are just hypocrites slabering away about bible but there jyst going from what theyve heard from someone else f***ing idiots letting people make there mind up for them.think about this YOUR DEAD LONGER THAN YOU LIVE colombus is dead few hundred years.think about that

when they can not even agree what it says themselves so what chance has anyone else got :laugh: theres probably thousands of religions which one do you choose, millions have been slaughtered and are still be slaughtered over a book that they can not agree on :icon_eek:

No gay couple either man or woman should be allowed to get married in a church or any other institution that hold buggering or scissor kissing the same sex as abhorent nor should the dirty buggers be allowed to adopt or be in a position of influence over any child under 16

• Like 3

The rituals of the Christian faith are as much a part of British social heritage/tradition/culture as anything else. If we threw away every part of our culture that wasn't true to it's roots we would be throwing out a lot more than marriage.

I see nothing wrong with atheists having a church wedding as it's so ingrained in British culture. To some it may be all about god but to most it's about tradition.[

As gay marriage will become part of tradition as well. Case closed. Well done born!

You say that like I give a f**k, lol. Religion is dieing out and yet it's shaped much of British culture, and well I quite like British culture so I'll keep practicing the traditions we have whether they have their roots in religion or not.

Good for you mate!! It was a bit of humour born......come on don't be so serious lol........I couldn't care less either way, I have my own opinions on marriage in church, but I really couldn't care less what others do.....live & let live..that's me..;-)

Pretty much my sentiments. :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1

do you no the ten commadments paulas or are you willfully ignorant mate,thou shall not kill,is one when I get back from work I put up more scripture that tells you not to kill especially in gods name.just men trying to justify there murderous ways paulas mate atb

but the ten commandments were written by a man not a god as indeed was the bible 40 authors contributed to the it. please show me anything god did and not a man in the name of god the same as the killing you meantion

Il start off then,first line in genisis(first book of bible)in the beginning(time) god created the heavens(space) an the earth(matter) now thats the first line,god is telling us he spoke time space an matter into existence similtaneously. were would you put matter if you had no space,when would you put it etc. the three have to come into existence at same,so could someone explain to me how they evolved(religon)atb