New To Falconry

King.

Hi all.

I've spent the last three days reading the falconry section I'm up to page 25 on the broad wing section and have read more or less every post lol. I think I need to buy some books.

I've been working lurchers and ferrets for years but gave up a few years ago. I'm very keen to get into falconry but I'm trying to digest as much info as I can at the moment.

I've seen the recommended books from a few authors that people are suggesting and intend to start buying books to read soon.

All the best king.

Hi crow hawker I'm in s wales mate. There was a lad around here that had harris hawks but gave it all up about 7yrs ago. So I will keep my ears open to hopefully find someone localish to me.

South Wales too far from Bristol??? I think that's a good offer mate, even if only just for one day, to get the feel of things.....

Before I got my first Harris hawk.....I travelled 2 hours to a guy on few occasions to get some experience, which I think done me some good & it's good craic! Don't be afraid to jump in your car & get out there mate!

Obviously I understand if you don't drive....

Good luck anyway..

Edited by Accip74

any offer ov help these day in any country sports should be given the chance at as its not that often you get asked to join in and falconry is no diffrent id take up the offer mate cos you might not get another good luck

well i did try,he cant be that keen shame he would have seen a coops & a gos/spar hunting. :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye:

• Like 1

any offer ov help these day in any country sports should be given the chance at as its not that often you get asked to join in and falconry is no diffrent id take up the offer mate cos you might not get another good luck

well i did try,he cant be that keen shame he would have seen a coops & a gos/spar hunting. :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye:

I'd probably come from belgium to see the coops fly mate lol........male or female?

if you set on keeping and flying birds ov prey you should be prepared to travel as you have to to find ideal place to fly train your bird also buying equipment and food and when you dunn all that you might travel miles and miles for that right bird so travel is a must

I'd probably come from belgium to see the coops fly mate lol........male or female?

hi,female 3yrs old.your welcome anytime.atb ade :yes::yes::yes::yes:

hi,female 3yrs old.your welcome anytime.atb ade :yes::yes::yes::yes:

May just well hold you to that mate.........I'm back in UK at Xmas for a couple of weeks.....although other side of country lol

I'll pm you nearer the time & see if we can work something out ;-) ATB

• Like 1