Night Vision Scope Camera?

The thing that puzzles me the most....is the sad little people who go to the trouble of logging into pootube just to give a 'thumbs down' on videos,I mean seriously....why would you bother taking a few minutes out of your life just to do that!.

I have this picture in my head of sad little lonely 'ain't got no life cept my compootar and media sites' type person sat there night after night hunting down these videos,mouse under one hand,bottle of plonk in t'other! :cray::laugh:

heres a clip about how to make everything you need' you watch and the tit vids a 'look at what i got'....fffffffff think your right with one little exseption, theyre bored of playing with their dicks lol.

I don't bother posting about 'how to make it' as my creations are....well,a true bodge em together type builds :laugh: ...far better vids/threads out there that show that,loads on the nvf pw etc

I do post about results from 'cheap' board cams though and happily help anyone who ask's,and for airgun range you really don't have to spend a small fortune.

Hence the vid links will give some idea of what to expect from a given camera,apologies for anyone expecting a 'how to' but you really don't want to follow my contraptions when there's better out there to copy look's wise ;)

ps....did I miss a vid link or something?

Edited by weebster

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a bit like putting minimal foundations under a house build if you don't mind me saying, and you will probably just end up not using it because it's not going to be very impressive: You want the

The thing that puzzles me the most....is the sad little people who go to the trouble of logging into pootube just to give a 'thumbs down' on videos,I mean seriously....why would you bother taking a few minutes out of your life just to do that!.

I have this picture in my head of sad little lonely 'ain't got no life cept my compootar and media sites' type person sat there night after night hunting down these videos,mouse under one hand,bottle of plonk in t'other! :cray::laugh:

heres a clip about how to make everything you need' you watch and the tit vids a 'look at what i got'....fffffffff think your right with one little exseption, theyre bored of playing with their dicks lol.

I don't bother posting about 'how to make it' as my creations are....well,a true bodge em together type builds :laugh: ...far better vids/threads out there that show that,loads on the nvf pw etc

I do post about results from 'cheap' board cams though and happily help anyone who ask's,and for airgun range you really don't have to spend a small fortune.

Hence the vid links will give some idea of what to expect from a given camera,apologies for anyone expecting a 'how to' but you really don't want to follow my contraptions when there's better out there to copy look's wise ;)

ps....did Iiss a vid link or something?

neh my comment was general coment effert.. but yeh the here is what this cam does at night vids are handy, if anything to check against your own, or even to disperse those giant read ups building masif exspectasions only to find....

neh my comment was general coment effert.. but yeh the here is what this cam does at night vids are handy, if anything to check against your own, or even to disperse those giant read ups building masif exspectasions only to find....

Oh righty oh.....well here's another of those 'what to expect from a £10 board camera diy spotter' video's :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZO9bnW-xv0&feature=youtu.be

Haha, point taken about that type of video - I'll put my hand up as one of the guilty culprits. :whistling:

I'll defend it though - because of the difficulty people have finding a solution to mount the mini box cameras (for example) like the E700 at their usable focal range.

Rather than just offer the ready built rig, allowing me to recover some of my tooling up costs and then make a profit I also offer the component that makes it easier - for a price - and show people how to use it and what to expect from it. It's a mix of trying to enable people to assemble their own rig - with parts that they won't need special kit for but can save costs by buying their own cameras, lenses and batteries etc. If I bought them to put in the builds I'd need to put a margin on them like any profitable business does. Mates rates don't pay the mortgage. :angel:

It's not paying off though, I'm trying to make things profitable but the reality is I can't shake off the debts. :huh:

Oh righty oh.....well here's another of those 'what to expect from a £10 board camera diy spotter' video's :laugh:

Hiya son. :laugh:

Apart from those horizontal TV lines which hurt my old Granddad's eyes - you may have found what could develop into the next low light camera for the DIY market.

Perhaps with more TVL and a bigger sensor things might take a further step towards current tubed superiority. Did you try the T20 on a slightly less focused zoom?

--------------------------------------------

I can't help but notice the OP still hasn't indicated what type of NV rig he wanted to build - so I assumed it was an add-on rig which is why I proposed the E700 - which is nice and compact and fits a few diy or custom made DSA's.

Edited by some bloke

Hi Dad :D .....funny you should mention those faint lines,they went when I unplugged the h720 dvr :blink: ....could be my home made lead causing a bit of interference,will have to try it with the lead supplied with the dvr to check.

I found the ex-view ccd better than the cmos at close range,will have to buy another of those miracle cottage ex-view cams and see how it performs as a spotter compared to the cmos imx 139 sensor....I do have the ex-view as well but it's setup as the add on nv at the moment and I can't be bothered to swap them round :D

I too am guilty of just showing the end result,but then I wouldn't want anyone copying my bodge jobs when there's better out there to copy,just needs people to read the various threads on agf/pw/nvf etc :thumbs: ....besides,I'm crap at explaining things :laugh:

weebster? how fars that veiwing, because i recon thats quite useable.

someloke... unfortuneatley the initial set up for tools etc comes under 'dead money' i think its how the cnsumer system keeps people out of their biznes. (that or need a warehouse plus distribution 'outs' to shift the by the ten thousand stocks lol.)

the lines? i shouldnt say this but look into phase shift...and or is your power suply pulsing by chance, e.g. pwm dimmer on your torch, (use a seperate sytem for the dimmer).

Edited by ghillies

weebster? how fars that veiwing, because i recon thats quite useable.

the lines? i shouldnt say this but look into phase shift...and or is your power suply pulsing by chance, e.g. pwm dimmer on your torch, (use a seperate sytem for the dimmer).

The trees down in the dip at the bottom of the track are 314 yds according to google maps,12.5-75mm lens would give 6x iirc at 75mm full zoom etc.

There is an xp driver in the torch but no dimmer like there is on the add on nv...however,the spotter torch sits above the cam on the outside of the project box,xp driver in the cut down torch body.

The faint lines vanished when I unplugged the dvr,this is the exact same setup but using the video leads supplied with the h720 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTTVLpf_poQ&feature=youtu.be

On the add on the dimmer is in the project box behind the screen but the xp driver is again in the cut down torch which sits under the silencer....no problems with faint lines on that one so far.

i could be rong but those lines apear again when the illuminations gets weeker (on the second vid), so if t is thats then thats the sencor foot print.

quick exsplination, if you had a theretical sencor without electronics attached and could veiw the image of night you'd see noise, lines and other wird fuzzy bits, every sencor has one and is near enough unique..add in electronics and they add their 'noise' to the veiwed image, now by day or with enought ir the image is perfic, but come the darker side you literally see what the sencor is and any added noise by the electronics as it amplifies to make the image brighter if you know what i mean, i've had a couple three..fff 4.. i can think of off hand that had those horizontal lines, and even had a compact camera (or 3) that had those lines, which were literally the pixol array's..set in squares on one cam.

really cheap cmos cams do it even by day at certain angles.... just a thought like.

Edited by ghillies

Just get a cheap digital camera and rip out the IR filter. That's what I've done. I now have about 5 or 6 IR ready cameras. One I have mounted with a scope-cam bracket, the others I use with an IR torch, as spotting systems. Really happy with the outcomes. Short range shooting, but stronger IR illumination and I'd probably be able to shoot out to a longer range...as long as I was using my springer and not my ratter.

Any links for this £10 camera thanks

hi all basically it works great however it needs the lsc on to be very good. if it is off then the light isnt picked up as well. if the lsc is on then that means the camera has a hard job focusing on the crosshairs and keeping focus. if i have it off the foxus stays spot on. any help would be appreciated.