72 replies to this topic

#61 flynndog

flynndog

Trotters independent Trading

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:37 pm

Yeah I dropped a bunny up a hillside at about 50 yard very nice shot it just folded up n kicked it's way down towards us lol I've got an r8 spare I got another off the lads mate I got it off brand new he opened box up and it's too heavy for his lad so I bought it

#62 shadow_sniper

shadow_sniper

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:54 pm

Lol I'm gunna get one after new year look like good guns

#63 Newlife2

Newlife2

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:59 pm

No,it is a very well made rifle, Perhaps because of the weight I can shoot it freestanding better than my AA 400 Carbine, the only question I have is that there might possibly be a problem after heavy use with the magazine because the indexing  rack molded into the mag seems fragile. It might, after thousands of shots fail, I am only surmising that could happen,only time will tell. for the money it is a very good rifle, Cheers.

Hello Tron, I had a problem wih my Hammerli 850, cleaned and lubed my pellets , now no problems.. 

#64 Tron

Tron

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:14 am

How rude we ask questions to find out if it's worth buying?

Not rude, I posted my concerns about possible life span of the R8 magazine, you responded asking if I was talking about the mag? or the operating mechanism?? Your next post asked about what moderator I use? whats that got to do about the R8 I havent the faintest idea. anyway   MERRY XMAS to the members on here. :bye: :bye:

Edited by Tron, 15 December 2014 - 05:15 am.

#65 mattybugeye

mattybugeye

THL's huggies "pull ups" wearer

• Donator
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:43 am

I was looking at one of these in a gun shop I'm London last week very nice indeed and a nice price tag to I may well be tempted myself after the jolly fat man has visited ;)
  • bigmac 97kt likes this

#66 Tron

Tron

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:43 am

Hey Matt, What price are they fetching in London? I have looked at some of the ads and a lot of shops are asking £450. I paid £400. for mine and I read somebody got one for £375 back in August!, I think after Xmas the prices will probally start rising. If you can get one for £400, snap it up

Edited by Tron, 15 December 2014 - 06:44 am.

#67 shadow_sniper

shadow_sniper

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:33 am

Tron, i wasnt questioning your review just asking about your full set up and I only asked the question re the may or indexing because I didn't understand your reply anyways have a good Christmas :-)

#68 mattybugeye

mattybugeye

THL's huggies "pull ups" wearer

• Donator
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:50 am

Think it was 399.99 yea I do like the look of them

#69 flynndog

flynndog

• Members
  • 934 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:57 am

Well lads ill take 350 for one scope n silencer wi 2 mags use twice once in field n other sighting up

#70 shadow_sniper

shadow_sniper

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:05 am

Lol if I only had 350. Im holding out for a 177 version

#71 charlie caller

charlie caller

Triple Two Fan

• Donator
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:12 am

I quite fancy a .177 version at some point, after converting a 850 to hpa, very successfully, I can see how good a rifle this will be, mine was super accurate, and the magazine smooth as silk after a couple of hundred shots, I am assuming the r8 has the same trigger as the 850, if it does, there is a super simple mod, to convert the trigger to two stage which I did on mine and it totally transforms, a pretty dead feeling but ok trigger into a crisp two stage group shrinker.

#72 flynndog

flynndog

• Members
  • 934 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:40 am

With how accurate the 22 one is there's no point 8 177 and when they supposed to be releasing it

#73 charlie caller

charlie caller

Triple Two Fan

• Donator
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:45 am

Hmm my reservations are about the power of the .177, Welsh willy said his .22 was a little underpowered about 10.7 I think, it is easy to modify them to get them up to just below legal limit though, but I will be interested to see what the first .177s are producing, about 9.5- 10 will be my guess, but we will see, not a .22 fan mate, its .177 for me everytime.

Edited by charlie caller, 15 December 2014 - 10:46 am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users