• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't pay any attention to a magazine review dean mate, it'll be the usual "oh you must own this, it's the best rifle ever etc"   Not knocking the rifle, I'd just wait until someone who isn't

I have an 850 Hämmerli Airmagnum, and I can`t tell the difference betwen the R8 and it except it is PCP and not CO2..and the 850 is a very good gun..

Heres a newer vid with more testing hope you enjoy it .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a new Rotex R8 in .22 I have shot it for just over a month now and its a brilliant gun, Bit too heavy for me to stagger around the farm buildings but its very accurate, Just over 8lbs unscoped, cycling the mag is stiffer than expected,has a resetable safety,the plastic trigger blade is not new, the FWB Sport mk 2 had them and had no trouble. removing the stock shows it could have been lighter. the anti tamper seems almost tamper proof, access to the transfer port adjustment is foiled by both access points protected by two steel bearings which have been pressed in to the recest access holes.the trigger pull travel is adjustable and has a decent light release, Verdict-A lot of gun for the money.

No,it is a very well made rifle, Perhaps because of the weight I can shoot it freestanding better than my AA 400 Carbine, the only question I have is that there might possibly be a problem after heavy use with the magazine because the indexing rack molded into the mag seems fragile. It might, after thousands of shots fail, I am only surmising that could happen,only time will tell. for the money it is a very good rifle, Cheers.

Remember I said "It Might fail" I was refering to the magazine itself if you examine a R8 mag the indexing projections dont seem very substantial to my tired old eyes, I once had some years ago a Umerex winchester CO2 powered rifle and the mags on that often faild because the indexing on the mags used to break. Only time will tell if the mags for the R8 will stand the indexing of thousands of shots. I am very pleased with the rifle and perhaps I being too critical theres nout wrong with the engineering of the rest of the gun.

Edited by Tron

Its got a HW on it at the moment, some of the gun shops on Gun Star advertise the gun as having a moderator fitted but its not, it has a barrel weight on it, its supposed to be good for 180 shots Its still on its first fill and I have shot less than 100 shots through it so far.

I've bought one today cheap and it's hitting same pellet hole at 35 yard and a marble at 45 off a fence shoots as good if not better than my aa s200 out tonight with it so I'll see how I get on and doing 11.53 straight out of box and supposed to do 180 shots per fill

Rez i like the look of the r8 and i love the stock but the only thing that puts me off is the plastic trigger but may look into getting one later on as there is bound to be a different trigger system that fits it some where ?

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Rez i like the look of the r8 and i love the stock but the only thing that puts me off is the plastic trigger but may look into getting one later on as there is bound to be a different trigger system that fits it some where ?

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Same mate. But from what I've seen and heard, it's fine. It's perhaps not the plastic trigger (it's no doubt so dense and sorted it'll be fine. Remember the 100 has a kinda plastic blade) it's more the one stage affair... One stage triggers can seem a bit budget. Although, that said, it's something to get used too. The R8 is clearly aimed at field work, it won't break scores on the HFT range but will be reliable and accurate. A proper hunter. No doubt would suit your rabbit bashing sessions mac down to a tea :) needs a 177 variant mind. Now your a convert.

• Like 1